Farm Rated (Fleet farm) 5w-40 Full synthetic diesel Black Stone results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Just posting the results from B.S.Labs on the above mentioned oil.I by no means am an oil expert,but I do know many oils are not inferior because they come in a generic bottle without being the official oil of 'Nascar'.I can purchase this oil for $30 for 2 gallons,$25 on sale. I change my oil often (every5-6k).Would appreciate any opinions on the oil for running it in both gas and diesel engines.Thanks

IMG_20190125_103550053.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 280
That's a good price...
Also factor in 4cents off per gallon of gas with any purchase at the store plus and free bag of popcorn...
Or at least that's the promo at my closest fleet farm

Your right, I usually take advantage of that gas coupon.Popcorn must only be at certain stores,but I will be asking 'where's my free popcorn' next time.....

Nothing wrong with that VOA.
Zinc and Phosphorus meet the Ford valvetrain spec, a touch of Moly and Boron as well.
Should be an excellent performer, and I would not hesitate to run it.

Originally Posted by beanoil
Nothing wrong with that VOA.
Zinc and Phosphorus meet the Ford valvetrain spec, a touch of Moly and Boron as well.
Should be an excellent performer, and I would not hesitate to run it.

Thanks beanoil

With the low calcium, near zero sodium, and high ZDDP level, that could be viewed as a good anti-LSPI formulation for a DIT gas engine.
I suppose the ZDDP might be a bit much for typical commuter car cats, though?
Please be aware that I am just some hobbyist at a keyboard and not an expert in motor oil or automobiles!

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
With the low calcium, near zero sodium, and high ZDDP level, that could be viewed as a good anti-LSPI formulation for a DIT gas engine.
Please be aware that I am just some hobbyist at a keyboard and not an expert in motor oil or automobiles!

I appreciate all opinions. I did hear that mentioned somewhere else that there could be issues with recent production car cats.If I remember correctly it was like 2014 and newer. I don't own anything newer than 07 right now.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

only if your car engine consumes a lot of oil.

if it doesn't - - - there won't be any effect.

Originally Posted by jrh
do you have a picture of the back of that jug? what is the API rating?

[Linked Image]

Nice add pack in that oil!

Looks great for a diesel! May think twice about long term use in a gas engine though, with the good zddp numbers (nice high P and Zn) it has. A couple runs in a gas engine wouldn't worry me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by claluja
Nice add pack in that oil!

Looks great for a diesel! May think twice about long term use in a gas engine though, with the good zddp numbers (nice high P and Zn) it has. A couple runs in a gas engine wouldn't worry me.

Can u elaborate a little more? I change my oil pretty religiously every 4k-6k

I might consider the FF 5w40 if I had a diesel pickup, but I don't. Fleet Farm sells Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 for $24.99/gallon and there's a $10/gallon rebate from Mobil. And I've got 11 gallons in stock, so I'm good for about 100k miles on my TDIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back