Family over for the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the joy. My second cousin's dog just took a nice steamy dump on the carpet. Thank goodness I hit the liquor store today.

laugh.gif
We're actually downsized this year. Oldest two are going to their para-inlaws ..so it's just the wife, me, and the youngest. She has to play in the band at the TG day football game which is a traditional game between our town and the next school district. If the weather is too bad ..well we just won't be attending the game just to see the half time show. We've sat through just about 10 years worth between my son on the football team and the youngest in the marching band.

Love is the pain that feels good ...or is it the feel good that's painful
confused.gif
wink.gif

My family don't get together as much as we used to. And my wife's family don't celebrate Thanksgiving or any of the major US holidays. Have some mighty fine shin digs on their holidays though. The trick i've learned.. act insane they'll usually leave you alone.

that's f'ing funny.

If every Police officer, ambulance driver (and dare I say Fire engine driver) that I've seen in a supermarket, McDonalds, or outside a pizza place was sacked, Oz would be anarchy.

ah yes I dread the holidays with family. my mom gets really crankey and by then end of dinner its a free for all. as far as the dog went. I would of told them not to bring it over ever again or kick the heck out of the dog and scream. its up its up and its gooooooooood
laugh.gif
hide.gif

Naaaaaaaaaaaah, I'd never do that. It's more me than anything; I'm an anal retentive OCD perfectionist whack nut! My cousin's dog and my dog are, well, cousins! They love running around the yard and craaping on the carpet together...

The good times with family always beat the bad times.

You gave me a good laugh today, Drew99GT.

"The good times with family always beat the bad times."

As the commercial says, "priceless".

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

We had an occasion to have family down last year. I have a Red Heeler, they brought down a Pit Bull and a Terrier. It was like something you would see in a cartoon. Someone let my Heeler in, the terrier attacked, my Heeler got it and threw the dog across the room then went for the Pit Bull. I did stop her before this encounter occurred. I was pretty sure of the outcome of that fight. Before the night was over with the pit bull and company were sent to other relatives.

Just an update: my cousin, trying her best and adamant about helping out, spilled the entire contents of a can of fruit all over the counter and the floor. But it's okay!!! A nice frosty 90 Shilling Ale makes everything A-OK.
cheers.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!! Thank you Larry; GIT R DONE, thas right!
laugh.gif
crackmeup.gif

UPDATE 2: Cousin just stepped in a big pile of dog #@$%! outside and you guessed it, tracked it all over the inside of the house. I'm not makin this stuff up!!!

She also told us all the stuff we've made that she doesn't like and won't eat.

Actually, I'm starting to get a little P.O.ed at this point.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back