Family Christmas Gifts - Plan or Chaos ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some families will get themselves thousands of dollars in credit card debit because they simply can not say: No Xmas presents please !!!

We already have everything we need.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I have made known for many years that any gifts addressed to me will be destroyed unopened.

Stupid. I can understand not wanting anything- as my wife and I don't celebrate, but don't be an ungracious **** about it.

That was after four years of telling everyone that, and still getting all sorts of junk (99% of which I have no use for). Everyone that doesn't like it can get over it...or not. I absolutely despise Christmas with a white-hot passion and I'm at the point I just don't care anymore.

Originally Posted By: Andy636
I have made known for many years that any gifts addressed to me will be destroyed unopened.

174lxk.jpg

Compared to me, he is DRIPPING with Christmas spirit. The thing I miss the most about driving a wrecker is working Christmas.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

You would hurt your kid's feelings if you did that.

No, I wouldn't. (I, thankfully, have no children.)

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

Stupid. I can understand not wanting anything- as my wife and I don't celebrate, but don't be an ungracious **** about it.

That was after four years of telling everyone that, and still getting all sorts of junk (99% of which I have no use for). Everyone that doesn't like it can get over it...or not. I absolutely despise Christmas with a white-hot passion and I'm at the point I just don't care anymore.

I hate to say it...but I would have to say I agree with you.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Andrewg,
I agree with you, no gifts are necessary.... just a family dinner.

I know I sound like a complete "get off my lawn" kind of guy. I wish Christmas could be just as you say....a nice family dinner. It would even be fine if everybody would at the very least decide that ONE gift per person is enough. But it will never happen.

I think that gifts are secondary to Christmas. But if a person genuinely wants to give a gift out of love....that's perfectly ok. But to expect a gift or place some sort of family obligation upon another family member is just out of line.
My opinion.

It sounds it is time for:
-"you just win a make the chrsitmas pie with grandma prize"
-"you just win the help grandma cleanup prize"
-"kiss the cook/grandma prize"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back