Falken Ziex-512 all-seasons. CR's #1 tire...I like them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 'em, I like 'em, but I'm reserving my full endorsement until they taste their first New England winter.

quote:

Originally posted by bigpaulo:
I got 'em, I like 'em, but I'm reserving my full endorsement until they taste their first New England winter.

The true mark of a good all season tire...IMO.

I have had almost every modern a/s tire. Been using Dunlop SP A2s..good, but I like the Falkens better and they are cheap.

discounttiredirect.com

Where else can you purchase these tires? They make them for my mother's 02 Avalon. The MXV4s are gone at 33K. These tires look good. I'll listen to CR for anything but car reports since they bash Jeeps.

We have 'em on our '99 Grand Am GT (225/50R16). I like 'em, and the price was right. My only complaint is that they are noisy between 30 & 40 mph. It is probably something unique to the specific resonant frequency of this chassis / suspension though. We have about 5000 miles on these tires.

Green Diamond Icelander (Norwiegan compound)- best all season tire.

Who cares about ultimate dry traction when you have ice traction that is as good or better than even the most aggressive non studded snow tire. Myself and many other I know have used these tires to victory in various ice races where the use of studs are not allowed.

I have some BF-G Traction TAs (235/60-16) on order. They will be replacing Yoko Avid T4s (235/55-16) I've used for the past 50k miles (and have liked). The Traction TAs get great reviews on TireRack.com and they have a "AA" traction rating. I also have Firestone Indy 500 tires on my son's S-10 Pickup and have been very happy with those as well.

Update on my Ziex 512's...

I got a 4 inch nail in my sidewall last week
frown.gif
With only a couple thousand miles on the tires, I ordered a new tire to replace it.

Tire guy was nice enough to lend me a used Firestone Firehawk GT for the weekend so that I wouldn't have to drive around on a donut... in retrospect, the donut may have been better! That tire felt and sounded like it came off of Fred Flintstone's car!

Yesterday the ordered tire came in, had it put on, and sakes alive, all is quiet again!

Also, it's rained quite a bit since I got these tires, and they roll through wet and puddled roads with surefooted traction, way better than the Bridgestone RE92 OEM tires I had ever did.

So far, I'm very satisfied with this tire.

I put 512s on my Volvo 850. I like them better than either model Michelin or the Dunlops I had on before. Excellent in wet & dry. I'll buy them again. I found them at Big-O and Sears.

Ken

Put the 512's on my wife's Passat recently. Thumbs up all the way. I ordered them online and had them installed locally. I spent $258 total including installation.
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Eddie:
I've found that any new middle line tire will drive better and do rain/dry driving better that the wore out one taken off. I am interested in tires that continue to do well when 1/2 the useable tread is gone. My Michlen Xones are down to 1/2 at 32,000 miles and are doing very well thank you. I would like to hear from owners who have 1/2 the tread gone and still feel the tires are doing an acceptable job. I'mm looking at Falken 512s. Any comments????

I have a 50% set on a Sunfire (205/60R15) and they are doing very well on wet and dry surfaces.

No tire works as well worn as new. The multiple heat cycles hardens the compound.

Hydoplane resistance is:

1. Tread Void Area.
2. Tread design.

By definition if you wear a tire 50% you reduce the tread void area by at least 50% (could be more if there are shallow tread elements in the design).

Just because a tire still has tread does not mean it isnt worn out.

Gene

I've found that any new middle line tire will drive better and do rain/dry driving better that the wore out one taken off. I am interested in tires that continue to do well when 1/2 the useable tread is gone. My Michlen Xones are down to 1/2 at 32,000 miles and are doing very well thank you. I would like to hear from owners who have 1/2 the tread gone and still feel the tires are doing an acceptable job. I'mm looking at Falken 512s. Any comments????

I got the Falkens installed today. WOW! I like them alot. They accidentally installed 22560R16s and well, it looks great and drove great.... UNLESS you made a sharp sharp sharp left turn so nope, we took it back and had them put on 20560R16s. Other than that, they are fantastic. Very nice tire and a great price.

Green Diamond Tires are retreads and a set of four can be made from 4 different casings. I wouldn't like that on a daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back