fake denso ac compressor?

hello,

looking for info on denso ac compressors. came upon a thread in a MB 500e forum about buying denso compressors from amazon. here some pics:

[500Eboard] 1D125616-2BDB-4002-995F-FC5DEDB56AA1.jpeg
[500Eboard] 2B137FCF-CBE1-4118-8DA8-9B9EBB92752D.jpeg
[500Eboard] D8639676-65D0-450D-AB3C-459C13407906.jpeg

denso sticker on compressor looks like a 5 year old printed it? wonder it its fake?

yet another denso compressor supposedly bought on amazon; though the sticke looks a lit better.

[500Eboard] IMG_4291.jpeg
[500Eboard] IMG_4285.jpeg

At the risk of asking the obvious....but in the interest of helping all of us:

Did the MB thread provide conclusive proof of fakes and telltale signs to look for?

Why do people persist in buying stuff from Amazon and Ebay and then spend time wondering if it is fake? I would just rather go to the part department o the dealer, perhaps pay more and sleep better at night. Never understood this.

Why do people persist in buying stuff from Amazon and Ebay and then spend time wondering if it is fake? I would just rather go to the part department o the dealer, perhaps pay more and sleep better at night. Never understood this.
When you have older vehicles like mine they'll either tell you they don't have it, or it's some aftermarket part they have sitting on the shelf.

I hear what you're saying. For me it's about not letting the scammers win by preventing me from getting real parts at better prices, and not punishing those who are selling real parts on Amz and eBay.

If time is the only consideration I agree other retailers are a better option. I get it - time is money. If you've got the luxury of time to vet the seller and compare the parts to known data points you can often save $ by purchasing on Amz or eBay.

Just because this makes sense to me doesn't mean it has to make sense to others, but somehow for me just "giving up" on Amz and eBay doesn't feel like the right solution. Somehow I'm not willing to allow DB scammers to control my purchasing that much

Back