Failure is not an Option

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious about Purolator failures, and how much discussion was going on about them on the interwebs.

Googling "purolator failure", I found THIS near the top of the results.

Made me chuckle.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Can anyone answer as to which NASA Flight Director said...
"Failure is not an option"?

Gene Kranz?

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
I was curious about Purolator failures, and how much discussion was going on about them on the interwebs.

Googling "purolator failure", I found THIS near the top of the results.

Made me chuckle.

I like this part:

“And finally,” said Nuñez, “Reliability comes with respected brands. Since most motorists and even professional technicians don’t normally cut open filters to examine their materials and construction, you’ve got to rely on manufacturers who stake their decades of reputation on the design, construction, and performance of components, materials, and engineering that, for the most part, go unseen once they’re assembled. So motorists, do-it-yourselfers (DIYers), and professional technicians should trust engines to filters made by those who have pioneered innovations like the very first automotive oil filter, the first full-flow oil filter, and the spin-on oil filter.”

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I like this part:

“And finally,” said Nuñez, “Reliability comes with respected brands. Since most motorists and even professional technicians don’t normally cut open filters to examine their materials and construction, you’ve got to rely on manufacturers who stake their decades of reputation on the design, construction, and performance of components, materials, and engineering that, for the most part, go unseen once they’re assembled. ....blah, blah, blah, propaganda.....”[/i]

Thats what saves Purolator's rear end, the fact that most oil filters are spin-on and hide their failures. We need a law passed making all future engines use cartridges only, then you won't see these media ripping open.

Originally Posted By: stickybuns
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I like this part:

“And finally,” said Nuñez, “Reliability comes with respected brands. Since most motorists and even professional technicians don’t normally cut open filters to examine their materials and construction, you’ve got to rely on manufacturers who stake their decades of reputation on the design, construction, and performance of components, materials, and engineering that, for the most part, go unseen once they’re assembled. ....blah, blah, blah, propaganda.....”[/i]

Thats what saves Purolator's rear end, the fact that most oil filters are spin-on and hide their failures. We need a law passed making all future engines use cartridges only, then you won't see these media ripping open.

Yeah, it would be a bummer to see this every time you changed your cartridge style filter.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3411091/1

Originally Posted By: nobb
I think right now Fram is more respected than Purolator.

Based on all the guys who are bailing out on the PureOne for the Ultra, or the TG for the Classic, I'd say that's a pretty accurate statement.

Respect???

I would save my respect for more serious matters.

I'd be careful with that koolaid, too.

It can cause you to lose all credibility.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Respect???

I would save my respect for more serious matters.

I'd be careful with that koolaid, too.

It can cause you to lose all credibility.

Serious? Yes, its big business and people want their cars protected.
Careful about what? Lose credibility? All just because someone disagrees with you. hmmm....

^^^ He means you'll lose "respect" from the hard core "Fram haters" - it's easy to see by the trolling who those few are in the discussions around here lately.
grin.gif

I'm not buying Fram Ultra cartridges until they start attaching their media to the end plates better. Fram came down a notch with that discovery. Wix is high on the list now. Purolator has been sent to bed without any supper.

Yabbering on about the high quality of FRAM and the abysmal failure of Purolators can result in a credibility crisis.

Every oil filter manufacturer makes some junk sometime.

Just buy a filter, use it for the OCI, and chuck it in the garbage can.

You pays yer money and you takes yer choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back