Failed Trip To Get Beef Liver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called my old friend yesterday to buy some grass fed beef liver from him. He said I could pick it up at his house and leave the money there in the freezer if he wasn't home, and evidently he wasn't. When I got there, there was a big ole dead turkey sitting right on top of the freezer, on top of another smaller cooler. Good grief!! Amazing.
I guess I'll find my beef liver somewhere else. I'm actually a tad ticked off about traveling 34 miles round trip to see a dead turkey on top of the freezer, and he didn't mention it to me beforehand. I thought it was a joke at first, now I just don't think the dude thinks anything of handling dead animals (and leave them sitting around in 80*+ temperatures). There were animal skeletons and tubs filled with green, foul water all over the place. That's not a nice thing to be around. I don't think I could eat any meat from him again after seeing what I saw up there today.
I'm not even going to call him again. I'm beyond words.

Last edited:
Goodness. People think meat originates from cellophane packages all trim and neat.
1651615515771.png

1651615612980.jpg

Dang even the butchers down in Mexico aren't that bad. I'd probably give him a copy of the jungle as a gift.

Thing is, liver is the body's filter and I won't eat that.

But I agree with Jimmy Russells, I suppose I eat some things that are less healthy - like boutique ice cream. Sometimes I eat a pint to myself at one sitting, right out of the container.

Scott
That claim about liver has been debunked so many times you might as well go around saying the earth is flat.

That claim about liver has been debunked so many times you might as well go around saying the earth is flat.
An exact quote from WebMB.

"The liver and these organs work together to digest, absorb, and process food. The liver's main job is to filter the blood coming from the digestive tract, before passing it to the rest of the body. The liver also detoxifies chemicals and metabolizes drugs. As it does so, the liver secretes bile that ends up back in the intestines."

Scott

"The liver and these organs work together to digest, absorb, and process food. The liver's main job is to filter the blood coming from the digestive tract, before passing it to the rest of the body. The liver also detoxifies chemicals and metabolizes drugs. As it does so, the liver secretes bile that ends up back in the intestines."
Yes but the fallacy is that all that remains in the liver which it does not. Part of what the liver does is to convert the substances to ones that are then excreted.

Thing is, liver is the body's filter and I won't eat that.
But a common misconception is, the liver doesn't store toxins.
The liver is not like a dirty oil filter like some people seem to think.
You sound as if you really don't know the facts of liver.

"The liver does not store toxins, but it does store many essential nutrients that are used to process the toxins.
These nutrients include vitamins A, E, D, K, B12; folic acid, and minerals such as copper and iron.
Of all the organ meats, liver is by far the most nutrient dense."

Liver is 10x more nutrient dense than steak. FACT.

Last edited:

And it doesn't say anything about the liver storing toxins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back