Factory sub woofer 300c chrysler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c and would like to install the factory amp and subwoofer that was an option on these cars new, Kicker I believe. I have tried looking it up, but all that I get is adding aftermarket amps or subwoofers.. I just want to know is it a plug and play installing the factory amp and sub? can I use the sub out of a newer one (the beats models from a 2012ish or newer model years)? I dont want to add aftermarket wiring, componets, or cobble together something. If I can just add the factory stuff and get better sounds, awesome. If it is going to be more, then I am fine with how it is now.

Thanks for any advice/help.

Check out Cruthfield.com. I've installed several and they all came with harnesses to connect to the vehicle. Most were plug and play. In a few instances I had to remove the harness from the original system and solder a few wires to the new harness but with explicit instructions on how to do that. A 2006 "radio" is old school compared to what you can get now.
smile.gif

Last edited:
You would be much better off replacing the head unit with something more modern: e.g. a unit with Apple Carplay and/or Android auto. That way you could could either add a powered sub or separate amps, and replace the rather lame factory speakers with something higher quality. It is much more difficult to do in newer vehicles where other features like climate control are integrated into the infotainment system. You'll get up to date navigation and access to all of your music that way.

There are some variants in the level of Carplay, some integrate wirelessly, some require a cable. Make sure you do some research. Crutchfield is a good source and they have adapter kits for most things.

Factory sound is almost uniformly bad except in the highest end luxury cars. Get some high quality speakers, like Focal, and a decent sub (some have custom boxes for your 300c trunk) and you will be super happy.

Last edited:
Yeah, seems like something from Crutchfield is the way to go. I have used them many times with previous cars and always had a great experience. I was hoping I could ebay the amp and subwoofer, then plug it in.. Not sure this is the case.

Thanks

Replace the speakers. The head unit and standard amp in all the 300s is quite good. The have been branded Boston Acoustics, Beats, and Harmon Kardon Green but even the base unit without the sub is decent. Spend your first money on replacing the speakers . Infinitys up front and Pioneers in the doors and rear deck. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back