Factory Mopar cut open 3k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Slick17601
Originally Posted by kkreit01
I too recently changed my Ram's factory oil/filter at 1600 mi. I was also surprised how loose the factory filter and drain plug were. Ford, take note.

Same here, I did my 2018 recently and noticed the same thing. It was a pleasant surprise that the filter was not super tight. The filter location though, that's another matter!

Yes -- Awful. I forgot how bad it was (also had a '12 Ram). My PIG Form-a-Funnel came in handy -- to drape over everything directly under the filter.

Sure dont look likes whats on mopar box when they sell oil filters.
When i sell Mopar filters at work I always point out that picture and say theirs lots of engineering into that filter.. I hope that didn't come in a mopar box that had that picture on it.. I know the mopar cartridge filters dont have that.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Nyogtha
Thanks for posting, my 5.7L Hemi Ram takes the MO-899. I think of it as a mid-tier filter based on the Amsoil test data. Been a while since one of these was cut & posted here, back when end cap poppers were common from Puro but otherwise completely functional from what could be observed. It's my go-to winter filter in cold cilmate locales.

I always thought Mopar filters looked like this when they were cut open.. I mean they put this on there boxes.. Where is all the missing parts at??

[Linked Image]

Well, I wasn't the one who performed this C&P, so I'm not sure why you quoted me in your post. You could ask the OP to disassemble it further and post more pics but I doubt the pieces are still available.

Have you tried a search on MO-899 cut open, either here or on Google, for other examples?

Originally Posted by David1
I always thought Mopar filters looked like this when they were cut open.. I mean they put this on there boxes.. Where is all the missing parts at??

[Linked Image]

The only difference might be the bypass valve design - dome vs base end bypass valve. Rest of the parts are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back