Factory fill, Bored with a camera on Saturday

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Nice engine... Thanks for the PICS... Also bored... Very much raining here. \:\(
Rain??? Whats this rain you speak of?? We know of no such thing here. \:\(

Originally Posted By: SAJEFFC
 Originally Posted By: StevieC
Nice engine... Thanks for the PICS... Also bored... Very much raining here. \:\(
Rain??? Whats this rain you speak of?? We know of no such thing here. \:\(
We definitely know about this thing called rain, but we're not getting any of it right now. It's going to be 90F for several days in a row, way too hot for most of us around here. Nice pics \:\!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I see there is no viscosity mentioned. Not a good sign for Q.L. places...
The oil fill cap on my car never said the recommended grade/viscosity either. Just has a Honda logo and says "Oil"

Johnny248

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
The oil fill cap on my car never said the recommended grade/viscosity either. Just has a Honda logo and says "Oil"
True, I think it is pretty rare. I know that some of the ford caps say 5w20, and I think my Toyota says 10w30, but that is about it.... Any quicklube should have some quick guide to requirements.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
 Originally Posted By: Jdblya
True, I think it is pretty rare. I know that some of the ford caps say 5w20, and I think my Toyota says 10w30, but that is about it.... Any quicklube should have some quick guide to requirements.
Many of the Ford caps spec a grade. Some say 5w30, others say 5w20 depending on the year.

almost bought a mitsu with the 3.8L V6 - i should have! is yours a manual or auto? i see no auto dipstick.

IMHO, I really like the new Eclipse. I don't care what it's numbers are, it's a sharp looking car. Head and shoulders about my wife's first gen. She somehow thought it was below me to buy a new Eclipse but was okay with a Fit. Go figure. How have those Mitsu V-6's been on oil?

Originally Posted By: Jdblya
Cap says to see Owner's Manual. The manual probably lists a couple of acceptable viscosities depending on summer or winter season.

Johnny248

Originally Posted By: crinkles
almost bought a mitsu with the 3.8L V6 - i should have! is yours a manual or auto? i see no auto dipstick.
Mine is a GT 6spd. No dip stick, just an Aisin 6speed manual. I love the car. No matter what test say about it, my GT 6spd is a blast to drive, everyone love the way it looks, every girl tells me how sexy it is. Top notch. Never had any service done it accept a PCM flash recall, thats it.