Factory fill- 2018 Honda CRV 2800miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the promised 2018 factory fill dump UOA to go with my 2018 Accord UOA. This was done at the same time as the Accord because I was doing it. 2800 miles and 60% on the maintenance minder. I replaced with 0w20 pennzoil platinum SN+. I measured out exactly 3500 mls using a kitchen measuring cup (3500ml required). I took out around 3.8 quarts from the factory fill. I religiously monitored oil dipstick levels throughout the time period and never saw the oil level change from the time I purchased it. It was always a little "high" on the dipstick (not between the two dots). The oil was hot when dumped. As with the Accord, I see nothing I didn't expect but now have baseline for next change and am endeavoring to document facts in the face of hysteria on the honda forums. Also, to follow, using two new Honda turbo TGDI engines exactly what effect, if any, the low viscosity, fuel dilution etc may have on wear metals etc. My guess? none with decent maintenance although I am a little sketchy on whether to actually follow the MM or change every 5000 miles.

Image-1.jpg

KV100 down to 6.7 cSt isn't great. No harm there. Looks kinda normal, except flashpoint and KV100 are so low I suspect fuel dilution is higher than 1%.
0w20 put in now won't be a problem in all likelihood. I'd still be putting in M1 AFE 0w30 for a little added viscosity margin though if it was mine, at least until the fuel dilution and visc dropping is proven to quit.

I agree that there is definitely more then 1% fuel in that sample.

Whether it's truly "harmless" as Blackstone puts it is yet to be seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back