Facebook Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Please give me your opinions.

About a month or two ago an old friend of mine requested to be my friend on FB, so I accepted. I haven't talked to the guy in 35 years or so.

Do you think it's odd that he requested to be friends and then has nothing to say to me?

I figured the guy would PM me and ask what I've been up to or something. Maybe he thinks I'm supposed to read his wall and comment on things he "likes" or something. I'm not much into FB, to tell you the truth.

If you haven't seen him in 35 yrs, not likely you are going to see him real soon. I would just hit "ignore" and not friend him.

It's good networking. Did he find you through a mutual friend or high school classmate?

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Hi,

Please give me your opinions.

About a month or two ago an old friend of mine requested to be my friend on FB, so I accepted. I haven't talked to the guy in 35 years or so.

Do you think it's odd that he requested to be friends and then has nothing to say to me?

Maybe he's trying to cater to his ego by gathering an audience who pay attention to what he did just before using the bathroom on any particular day? Just ignore the fellow.

I don't have a "free" facebook account. Once i did set up one, to look for a person, and it contained nothing that would be valuable to a marketer, and it was deleted by facebook for some reason a few days later.

Me and my wife are NOT on Facebook.

If a person was such a good friend of mine... I would have stayed in contact with them over the years.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
It's good networking. Did he find you through a mutual friend or high school classmate?

Probably a mutual friend.

That's normal facebook behavior as mentioned above. It's used to socialize frequently with a select few, but most of the time it's for the purpose of occasional contact and networking. A lot of times, after you do the initial reunion, there's not really much said anymore unless it's some sort of event going on.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
That's normal farcebook behavior.

Agreed, that's what Facebook is really god at; reconnecting with old friends.

I can't decide if i want to start the facebook thing. Being a supervisor, i might have to accept all of my employees or none of them ( favoratism?). Not sure if its worth my time.

The guy is a really good person. My memory of his whole family is good. They were one of the nicest families in our town. His Dad was an optometrist and I think he's one now too, and he has about 6 expensive late model and vintage HD motorcycles. His Mom was our landlord in the 70s, and treated us good. I'd never say a thing bad about any of them.

Instead of waiting for him to write something on your wall, why don't you start by posting something.

Yeah, I may do that. The guy is a very unique individual. Kind of quiet, but a good person to know.

That is not odd at all, that is typical Facebook.
I have plenty of friends like that on FB.
I'm glad they are there, if I ever want to contact them, its actually possible at least.
Don't lose sleep over it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back