Fabric convertible roof protector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I'm looking at applying a protective product to the roof of my mother's 04' VW Beetle Cabrio. So far I have 3 products available to me... AutoGlym Cleaner/Protector Kit, Raggtop Kit, or the 303 Aerospace protector kit. All 3 have favorable reviews and are around the same price, but the ragg and 303 also say they protect against UV rays unlike the autoglym. Not sure which one? Anybody try either of these?

Thanks

Is this a cloth or vinyl roof? The 303 Aerospace Protectant is not particularly water resistant and while it works GREAT for UV protection it will need reapplied after washing or rain. The 303 Fabric Guard greats top notch reviews for fabric 'vert tops, and I've used it with good results on outerwear and packs.

Used the RaggTopp on a vinyl Chrystler top. It worked but beyond that I can't really comment as it was a family member's car and they sold it before too long.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Is this a cloth or vinyl roof? The 303 Aerospace Protectant is not particularly water resistant and while it works GREAT for UV protection it will need reapplied after washing or rain. The 303 Fabric Guard greats top notch reviews for fabric 'vert tops, and I've used it with good results on outerwear and packs.

Used the RaggTopp on a vinyl Chrystler top. It worked but beyond that I can't really comment as it was a family member's car and they sold it before too long.

Thanks this is a fabric or cloth roof. I'm referring to only the 303 Fabric guard not their regular one.

http://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-fabric-guard

Not sure. I'm in between the RAgg and 303

Used 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on a convertible vinyl top last year and the rain beaded up nicely but only for three to four months.
Am trying another product for convertible tops, (and other fabrics) that I applied a couple of months ago.

Originally Posted By: DaHen
Used 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on a convertible vinyl top last year and the rain beaded up nicely but only for three to four months.
Am trying another product for convertible tops, (and other fabrics) that I applied a couple of months ago.

Which one and how would you rate it so far?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Surf City Garage makes a convertible top protectant. Walmart sells it.

Never seen any convertible protectors at Wally World.

I like/use the BMW stuff, which is some fluorinated chemistry. But that quartz stuff sounds interesting.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Accord
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Surf City Garage makes a convertible top protectant. Walmart sells it.

Never seen any convertible protectors at Wally World.

Surf City usually has their brand off on their own,on the same aisle with the protectants,on top of the fixture. They'll have Surf City Leather conditioner,convertible protectant,spray wax,etc all together next to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back