3. Red Bull, 254
4. McLaren, 82
5. Toro Rosso, 51
6. Renault, 43
7. Racing Point, 40
8. Alfa Romeo Racing, 32
9. Haas, 26
10. Williams, 1

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

[Linked Image from motorsports.vtec.net]

Whatever happened to Monza's plans to get rid of that godawful first chicane and move it up around the corner a bit?

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Whatever happened to Monza's plans to get rid of that godawful first chicane and move it up around the corner a bit?

After last weeks fatal disaster Eau Rouge, I doubt the FIA will be making or allowing ANY changes to tracks in an attempt to make them faster.

Could ESPN do any worse than by spreading the events around all over 3-4 of their networks? I have three different ESPN's and it's not enough apparently. What is ESPNU? This is just one more reason I'm fed up with those clowns. Liberty has got to do better than this. I'll wait until I see comments from you guys on who won. And on who cares. Bah! (goes back to tending his rose bushes....)

Originally Posted by DeepFriar
Could ESPN do any worse than by spreading the events around all over 3-4 of their networks? I have three different ESPN's and it's not enough apparently. What is ESPNU? This is just one more reason I'm fed up with those clowns. Liberty has got to do better than this. I'll wait until I see comments from you guys on who won. And on who cares. Bah! (goes back to tending his rose bushes....)

I feel much the same way. Since we moved I now have Direct TV. I only get their most basic package, which doesn't include any of ESPN's 14,689 stations. So Formula1 is bye, bye for me. At least for the rest of this year.

It doesn't matter because Hamilton is going to win the championship...... Again. With either Bottas or Verstappen finishing second. (And at this point who cares which?) Vettel is as good as out of it. Because he will continue to descend down the ladder, with all of his seemingly non stop problems. Both his and his cars.

Daniel Ricciardo and Kimi Räikkönen, who are both talented as can be, aren't worth watching any longer. Because both of their cars are total dogs, that can't get out of their own way. HAAS has been reduced to that of watching a tractor pull. Nothing to see, except watching and waiting for something to break or crash.

So I'm not really missing anything. Which is sad because I used to love Formula 1. But with all of the, "follow the leader" processional racing, coupled with MB's dominance the last several years, it's just not exciting any longer. Maybe next year.

But somehow I can't help but think it will end up being just more of the same. At least until they take the silly batteries and electric motors out of these things, or else incorporate some other type of massive rules change that will knock MB off the top.

I keep trying to figure out VET's mental shortcomings. His incredibly poor judgment when under pressure is astounding for one with so much experience. I've had to finally decide the poor German just isn't very smart. Couple his weekly incidents with clearly being outdriven by his young rookie teammate and one can only assume that a seat will be available at Ferrari soon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by DeepFriar

I feel much the same way. Since we moved I now have Direct TV. I only get their most basic package, which doesn't include any of ESPN's 14,689 stations. So Formula1 is bye, bye for me. At least for the rest of this year.

It doesn't matter because Hamilton is going to win the championship...... Again. With either Bottas or Verstappen finishing second. (And at this point who cares which?) Vettel is as good as out of it. Because he will continue to descend down the ladder, with all of his seemingly non stop problems. Both his and his cars.

Daniel Ricciardo and Kimi Räikkönen, who are both talented as can be, aren't worth watching any longer. Because both of their cars are total dogs, that can't get out of their own way. HAAS has been reduced to that of watching a tractor pull. Nothing to see, except watching and waiting for something to break or crash.

So I'm not really missing anything. Which is sad because I used to love Formula 1. But with all of the, "follow the leader" processional racing, coupled with MB's dominance the last several years, it's just not exciting any longer. Maybe next year.

But somehow I can't help but think it will end up being just more of the same. At least until they take the silly batteries and electric motors out of these things, or else incorporate some other type of massive rules change that will knock MB off the top.

Formula 1 has never been exciting. The complaints that it is processional go back at least 30 years. Remember 1988? The only question was which McLaren driver was going to win. If you're looking for non-stop wheel-to-wheel competition, watch NASCAR.

The appeal of F1 is watching what's happening on-track, then speculating what it might lead to in the future. Look at it as if it was a soap opera:
Vettel is on a downward spiral, and should probably be replaced at the end of the season.
Leclerc seems like the real deal for someone who is able to challenge Hamilton's domination.
Can Kimi Raikkonen take a mediocre car, and drag it up toward the front of the pack?
How does Daniel Riccardo feel after jumping to Renault, then watching the formerly unloved Honda-powered Red Bull motoring off into the distance?

Originally Posted by A_Harman
If you're looking for non-stop wheel-to-wheel competition, watch NASCAR.

NASCAR is about the only racing venue that has managed to become more boring than Formula 1. The exception of course being if you enjoy watching commercials, constant wrecks, and the Pace Car racking up miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back