3. Red Bull, 366
4. McLaren, 121
5. Renault, 83
6. Racing Point, 65
7. Toro Rosso, 64
8. Alfa Romeo Racing, 35
9. Haas, 28
10. Williams, 1

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

[Linked Image from motorsports.vtec.net]

Very Glad for Gasly after a dismal season for him. And Max is great to watch always. I do think Barrichello is a jerk for interviewing Hamilton before Gasly. Since when do you interview the number 3 finisher before number 2. I do wish the mercedes had some real competition to see what Hamilton is truly made of

Originally Posted by raaizin
Very Glad for Gasly after a dismal season for him. And Max is great to watch always. I do think Barrichello is a jerk for interviewing Hamilton before Gasly. Since when do you interview the number 3 finisher before number 2. I do wish the mercedes had some real competition to see what Hamilton is truly made of

He was interviewing both because he wanted to talk about the finish and it just ended up with Gasly walking away and coming back.

Relax.

I don't think Hamilton should have been penalized. He felt sorry for Albon who is a fellow Brit so apologized. If it were a race where he needed the points, he wouldn't have said it was his fault and he may not have been penalized.

Honda power seems to be back though. Good to see and will make next year interesting.

Vettel
33.gif

Can't say that race wanted for action.

It'll be interesting to see any statement from Ferrari as looking at the replay from multiple angles it all appeared to be on Vettel.

Wow, not sure of what to think about this race....only that F1 is not so much fun anymore.
Great race by Max, he really dominated the entire race weekend. When Hamilton got the lead I thought it was going to be the same old story, but Max dispatched him like he was a back marker!

What was the story with the safety car? Bottas breaks down off the track near a piece of equipment to remove the car. After running a lap with his car in this position "they" bring out the safety car and leave it out for 8 laps, well after the Bottas car was moved. I thought maybe they just wanted to put miles on the safety car, you know, get their monies worth!

End of race both Ferraris crash out and plaster the track with debris. Stroll also pulls off the track with a front tire pointing the wrong direction. The safety car comes out and is pulled in after only 3 laps? Amazing!

Vettel, Vettel, Vettel... when will he realize that Leclerc is faster than him. Just watching I knew Vettel would do something stupid after Leclerc passed him.
I would be surprised if Ferrari brings him back next year. I liked Vettel but way too many mistakes this year.

And why wasn't Hamilton given his penalty before the podium ceremony. Would have been nice to see Sainz join Max and Gasly on the podium.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Reggaemon
Great race by Max, he really dominated the entire race weekend. When Hamilton got the lead I thought it was going to be the same old story, but Max dispatched him like he was a back marker!

I don't like either of them but I respect their talent and skill. Max drove a flawless race.

What was the story with the safety car? Bottas breaks down off the track near a piece of equipment to remove the car. After running a lap with his car in this position "they" bring out the safety car and leave it out for 8 laps, well after the Bottas car was moved. I thought maybe they just wanted to put miles on the safety car, you know, get their monies worth!

2 issues I saw. First, initially I thought it looked like they could have pushed his car out of the way, thus only double waved yellows. Then they were bringing out the crane and the last F1 death was under a crane. I assume that puckers the race directors sphincter (it would mine) and resulted in the safety car.

I think the major issue is the whole "lapped cars can unlap themselves". Mid race that probably has some merit, although my reasons for that train of thought are not particularly firm. Toward the end of the race it has to be a no-go.

The Sky commentators made a number of reasoned arguments against the "unlap themselves" scenario and although my gut says otherwise I really have to agree with them. At the end of the day it's the race directors call, and he's always in the unenviable position of "[censored] if you do, [censored] if you don't".

End of race both Ferraris crash out and plaster the track with debris. Stroll also pulls off the track with a front tire pointing the wrong direction. The safety car comes out and is pulled in after only 3 laps? Amazing!

See above, although in this particular scenario if they'd done it again the race would have finished under the safety car and Verstappen wouldn't have won. Given the race doesn't factor into any of the championship battles, perhaps it was a bit of manufactured outcomes. (Conspiracy theory there for you)

Vettel, Vettel, Vettel... when will he realize that Leclerc is faster than him. Just watching I knew Vettel would do something stupid after Leclerc passed him.
I would be surprised if Ferrari brings him back next year. I liked Vettel but way too many mistakes this year.

While I'd like to see Ferrari sideline him, it's not going to happen. He's still the 4 time world champion and they've nobody to replace him with. Also factor in when he joined Ferrari were nowhere, and he's probably played a not so inconsequential role in bringing them back to to speed.

And why wasn't Hamilton given his penalty before the podium ceremony. Would have been nice to see Sainz join Max and Gasly on the podium.

Agree. I thought that decision was a slam-dunk, as did the commentators.

As always my opinions are worth what you paid for them. Come to think of it, I pay for the privilege of being able to post them, so they're probably worth a negative value. I'm sure my wife agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back