Practice 1 02:00 - 03:30
Practice 2 06:00 - 07:30

Sat 11 October 2014
Practice 3 04:00 - 05:00
Qualifying 07:00

Sun 12 October 2014
Race 07:00

US TV Schedule:
Friday, October 10 - 6:00 a.m. -- Russian Grand Prix - Practice #2 (NBCSN)
Saturday, October 11 - 7:00 a.m. -- Russian Grand Prix - Qualifying (NBCSN)
Sunday, October 12 - 6:30 a.m. -- Russian Grand Prix - Race (NBCSN)

CIRCUIT INFO:
Length: 5.853 km (3.637 mi)
Race laps: 53
Turns: 19
Lap record: 2:25.703 (Artem Kabakov, AMG Motorsports, 2014, Russian Touring Car Championship)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88b7VqEeisc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHETAkFqG5A

sochi-international-street-.jpg

Sorry guys, not so much info on this one yet. New circuit for all of the drivers so between that and the lack of permitted coaching we'll see who has the chops to pull out a podium!

Last edited:
I heard that all the drivers are required to be fueled with ethanol, and they must drive into the ditch at least once in the race.

Looks to me like a lot of long straights with 6, maybe 7 opportunities to pass on every lap. Need a lot of horsepower and good brakes. Best to have the Mercedes powerplant. Maybe Williams can break through for a win?

I found the post race interactions in the drivers room more interesting than the race. Seemed like Lewis didn't appreciate having Putin in there and made a point to ignore him? He did make a point to say how much he likes Russia though.

I am also disappointed in how Nico is driving, seems like he's not comfortable matching Lewis over many laps, so he tries to do too much as soon as they get close to each other? I guess they are still the closest performing teammates in the top teams, but I'd hope they'd be having close battles at almost every race.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Seemed like Lewis didn't appreciate having Putin in there and made a point to ignore him? He did make a point to say how much he likes Russia though.

Ignoring a leader in their own country shows just how classless Hamilton really is. Imagine the uproar if someone did to President of the USA in Texas.
He had the opportunity to show a little class and instead he looks like the little cry baby twerp in need of a dope slap that he is.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Seemed like Lewis didn't appreciate having Putin in there and made a point to ignore him? He did make a point to say how much he likes Russia though.

Ignoring a leader in their own country shows just how classless Hamilton really is. Imagine the uproar if someone did to President of the USA in Texas.
He had the opportunity to show a little class and instead he looks like the little cry baby twerp in need of a dope slap that he is.

It seems the media isn't sure either if he was intentionally ignoring him or just didn't see him?
I don't think Lewis is all that politically active, but if he decided to give Putin the cold shoulder over his actions in Ukraine, it would be fine by me.

Was I not the only person that was dissapointed in that track? The racing seemed really bland and boring, especially since I just watched the Bathurst 1000 the night before.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Was I not the only person that was dissapointed in that track? The racing seemed really bland and boring, especially since I just watched the Bathurst 1000 the night before.

I thought it was incredibly boring. The announcers went out of their way to tell us how great the track was, and I kept waiting to see something great.
I think a lot of the new courses are somewhat bland. Maybe it's the history they lack...

But the President of the USA would show more class than to barge into the drivers' post-race room, and onto the podium, and into whatever other space will get best "look at me, do you like my race?" exposure.

And why would ignoring the US president be of any concern?* He's just a man, in fact isn't that the whole point of the US presidency, that they are just a regular citizen?

*This point made for debate, not necessarily to state my own opinion on the matter.

Last edited:

It seems the media isn't sure either if he was intentionally ignoring him or just didn't see him?
I don't think Lewis is all that politically active, but if he decided to give Putin the cold shoulder over his actions in Ukraine, it would be fine by me.

It may just be me but I didn't get the impression at all that Hamilton was snubbing Putin. I didn't tape the race so I couldn't review what happened during the whole post race scrum in detail but watching it live I was surprised when Hamilton seemed to go out of his way to reach over and shake Putin's hand.
And his podium comments about enjoying holiday's in Russia or something to that effect came across to me as quite pro Russian.
That said I agree Hamilton's just a young race car driver and is not in anyway into geopolitics.

Thanks for that. I don't watch it anymore and was just going by another post.
If Hamilton did as you say, i have no problem with him in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back