EZ Lug : Is it worth it?

quote:
Originally posted by Bill D: I heard about this product a while ago but this is the first time i saw it. Sure seems like a hassle saver. Does anyone have an EZ Lug and does it really work well? http://www.browsermall.com/ezlug/
looks like some type of torque multiplier. To me, a 24" breaker bar and an appropiate torque wrench are indespensible.

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW: To me, a 24" breaker bar and an appropiate torque wrench are indespensible.
Except if its my wife, trying to use the POS lugwrench in the car. She has trouble applying enough torque to the flyswatter. I swear they are laughing when she lifts it up and they just fly away [Big Grin] .

I think Porche uses something similar on the Carrera GT. Basically a small gearbox. -T

I take them off with an impact most of the time, but I've never had any difficulty getting them off with anything that has a decent handle. It looks pretty compact though, so I guess women may find it useful to carry around in place of the lugwrench. I don't think I've had a girlfriend yet that can take the lugnuts off her car with the factory supplied lugwrench! Some of those lugwrenches are pretty cheap too. I bent one to the point of not being useable one time with very little effort. Most hold up OK though.

Originally Posted by shortyb
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW: To me, a 24" breaker bar and an appropiate torque wrench are indespensible.
Except if its my wife, trying to use the POS lugwrench in the car. She has trouble applying enough torque to the flyswatter. I swear they are laughing when she lifts it up and they just fly away [Big Grin] .
LOL,. That's funny!

Originally Posted by T-Keith
I think Porsche uses something similar on the Carrera GT. Basically a small gearbox. -T
Yes - to hit 600nm you either need a very large torque wrench or some mechanical help.