Ez-go ST350 Workhorse oil comsumption

I recently purchased a 1 owner 1999 EZ-go workhorse ST-350.

I immediately changed the oil, filter, and belts. The thing fires right up and runs fantastic.

With that said, I checked the oil level and the dip stick was showing nothing... It doesn't leak any fluids as it's kept in my garage and my floor is clean. I topped it off and I've been checking the dip stick before every use. The oil level has gone down on the dipstick since I topped it off. It holds 1.5 quarts.

I'm going to check the compression this week. Assuming that comes back good, what would be your next step/thoughts?

So do you top it off then use it, then let it sit for a few minutes before checking the level?. If it was burning oil you'd have to see the smoke. What weight oil are you running in it?.,,

Check for worn valve guides or valve guide seals. I am not familiar with these engines, but you may be able to check the seals by seeing exhaust smoke in a vacuum condition.

I have a battery powered EZ-Go same year. We love it at campgrounds and in our neighborhood. It is silent so we can go looking at wildlife without them running off and we don't bother our neighbors in the campground. Wife wanted gas at first but now appreciates the silence. Two month old grand daughter make plenty of noise.

Before you change your oil, put half a can of seafoam in the oil and drive it around for a day or two. Put the other half a can in the gas tank. Try Castrol GTX 30 wt oil next time you change oil. Always seem to not burn off as quickly.

What engine is in it? If it's not billowing smoke or leaking oil, what you put in has to still be in there. If you're unsure, drain it, measure the amount that drained and refill it with the recommended amount. Some dipsticks can be tough to get a reading from.

The motor is a Robin 11hp 2 cylinder. I pulled the plugs today and both piston tops looked carboned up. The threads on the plugs were wet with oil but the electrode looked as it should.

Back