Eyeglasses with Transitions Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a new pair and they seem to work well enough. Certainly faster than the old pair I had.

It took me a while to get used to the slow nature of the old pair. Since the new ones are better, I'm quite happy with them.

I'm not one of those old guys who needs sunglasses often, as my pupils constrict plenty. Even so, the transitions glasses are nearly useless when driving or flying into the sun. As they don't work inside the car or airplane.

Last edited:
I have them and really like them. Since I am an old man, that part doesn't bother me.

Yes … I have 4 pairs and all are quicker than what I had a decade back …

got my first pair last fall... also had the blue/glare coating(first for both) when I step outside i literally can't tell from the inside that they've darkened... I've ended up taking them off to look at them, or find a mirror...

takes a little longer than I'd like to switch back when i walk into a store, but you get used to it.

There are 5 different versions of Transitions in 2109:

1. Signature (available in grey, brown, or green tint)

2. XTRActive (extra dark, darkens inside car)

3. Mirrors (for styling)

4. Vantage (polarized, for glare reduction outdoors)

5. Drivewear (polarized, darkens inside car)

Transitions® Signature® is our fastest and most responsive lens in all lighting and temperature conditions. Extra responsive to darken outdoors in all lighting and temperature conditions. Extra fast fade back from dark outside to clear indoors.

They need a 6th option: Drivewear Night , for glare reduction from oncoming headlights.
cool.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubLGT
There are 5 different versions of Transitions in 2109:

1. Signature (available in grey, brown, or green tint)

2. XTRActive (extra dark, darkens inside car)

3. Mirrors (for styling)

4. Vantage (polarized, for glare reduction outdoors)

5. Drivewear (polarized, darkens inside car)

Transitions® Signature® is our fastest and most responsive lens in all lighting and temperature conditions. Extra responsive to darken outdoors in all lighting and temperature conditions. Extra fast fade back from dark outside to clear indoors.

They need a 6th option: Drivewear Night , for glare reduction from oncoming headlights.
cool.gif

#5, Drivewear are my favorite sunglass lenses. but they aren't full time wear... they never get fully clear, but go through 3 distinct color phases depending on the light...and they have gotten to be scarcer than Hens-teeth the past couple years. none of the opticians in my area offer them, the Glasses site i've used for years(though still listing them on parts of their site) stopped carrying them several years ago.

I had a pair of Non-prescription drivewear Sunglasses I bought on amazon back in 2010-2011, the frames broke in'15. found some cheap frames that the lenses ...Mostly fit in...
last summer I decided to buy a new pair, the price had more than doubled. eventually I found an optician in the UK who had some custom made units for sale on eBay...

http://www.drivewearlens.com/effect.php
http://www.drivewearlens.com/engine.php

Last edited:
I just get dedicated prescription polarized sunglasses from Zenni. Their price point and decent quality allow for me to buy a couple of pairs for instant change from clear to dark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back