Eye Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, my post are getting worse by the day, I need both of my eyes operated on which will happen in July. I have allergy induced asthma and until I got on this Xolair medicine I used steroids for about a year and a half in large amounts and it gave me cataracts and some other damage.

Thankfully they will be replacing the lens in both eyes in two appointments two weeks apart. I have a hard time reading and seeing the keyboard and driving is out till then, I only see a little with the left eye the other is clouded totally. Until then please bare with me.

When in July? Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good thing you're a tough German.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Good luck. Cataract surgery is a day operation so you will be in and out prettty quickly.

Heal quickly and come back when you are ready.

Trav,
I'm really sorry to hear that.

My mother had both done (like you but 4 weeks apart) last year and hasn't looked back.

I am in between having cataract surgery in both eyes. It has gone pretty well, although I had some minor complications in my first eye due to radial keratatomy 30 plus years ago. it's a pretty easy surgery with a pretty fast recovery. God luck

Not going anywhere, but my post will probably be missing letters and numbers and god knows what else.

Edit: They will do the right eye on the 9 July and the left on the 23 July.

Last edited:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and until then know that your friends here on BITOG will be thinking of you.

I’ll try to look the other way if you make a spectacle of yourself.

A month isn’t very long to wait. This time two months from now it’ll seem like nothing but a blur.

Best wishes. It's an 11 minute per eye surgery. I hope the steroid induced damage is limited.
Good luck!

Both my Wife and 2 co-workers have had both eyes done. They can all see much better. My Wife was legally blind up until 1996 when She had her eye surgery. It was experimental back then. Her problem was dislocated lenses but it is the same surgery to fix.

Cataract surgery isn't all that new...

Monet had them out nearly 100 years ago, and they weren't new then.

Enjoy your new eyes! A boss of mine had dual lens replacement - quick recovery and almost immediate vision improvement. He was 60-something and didn't need reading glasses....weather the storm and you should be back in business quickly!

Will send a prayer, and i hope all goes well. I'll be thinking about you. Let us know how everything goes.

Bryan

I am having both eyes done this summer also. Speedy recovery to you. Sister had hers done about six months ago and said the improvement in her vision was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back