Eye of the tiger song

Yep, awesome movie and song.

I loved Survivor but unfortunately their lead singer passed away from a heart attack. They had lots of radio hits back in the 80’s. When I hear Survivor on the radio today..... it’s like Im instantly taken back in time.

Last edited:
One year when I was in high school the football team played that for their entrance music. They proceeded to lose pretty much every game. When I pointed out to one of them that it wasn't working and maybe they should find a new song I was told it pumped them up and I wouldn't understand.

I remember a coworker Mike who was working the frozen food section at Winn Dixie said at the time he thought he needed to listen to "Eye of the Tiger" before coming into work to get pumped up enough to try to get all his work done.... :LOL:

This song has one of the best intro parts to a song I have ever heard. Number #1 for me is the intro to "Money for Nothing" intro by Dire Straights...

Jim Peterik from Survivor's first band was The Ide's of March (later changed to The "Ides" of March), one of my faves!!

It's still played on the radio. Obviously depends on the station as to how often it's played though.

True indeed Hall...

In my area there's a radio station Bob fm 93.7 that plays music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and the 10s..... 6 decades worth of music. They play the all time great songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s....

I'd mentioned this one time I think in the What Are You Listening To Know thread about that song, really interesting!! Jim Peterik wrote "Vehicle" when he was in high school. There was this girl he liked. She always wanted him to drive her around, give her rides, and take her places in his car, but would otherwise never give him the time of day, and that all he was to her was her "Vehicle". She just basically used him for his car.

He was a hell of a song writer!! (y)

Unfortunately when that Song plays, I can't NOT hear this instead:
yes, I'm that Guy...

I even have this Shirt:
champs-deli-sold-out-mockup.jpg

Last edited:
Back