Eye floaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand floaters to be specks of blood; the eye, esp. the retina, contains lots of blood vessels. It's quite normal to have an occasional floater, but more may indicate problems such as high eye pressure (glaucoma) or even a tear in the retina. Laser surgery is used to repair the vessels, a fairly common procedure.

No I'm not a MD, just one who's "been there, done that".

This is very interesting. I'm 30 and have had one for the past several years. I take it that this isn't something I should be terribly worried about then, right? Anyway, how much did this procedure cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Not uncommon for us older farts, and some younger ones get them too. Can be very disconcerting. Most eye doctors just say nothing can be done.
Wrong! A friend and fellow Rotarian zapped one in my eye two days ago. Took about 10 minutes with the laser, and it is gone!
While in his office (2 visits), met gal from Ft Wayne IN; guy from Seattle WA; elderly gent from Korea.
The doc is one of 2 on the east coast who do this procedure. If you, or anyone you know, have a floater problem, might be worth checking out.

(No, I don't work for him on commission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back