Extra bar on the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

This morning I have an extra information bar that popped up on the left side of the screen. I really don't like it! How do I make it go away?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I thought you were going to a strange bar.

Strange bars should be avoided...
31.gif

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
This new bar is annoying and useless to me.
How do we get rid of this nonsense?

Well, yesterday we could change the setting in preferences - today that option is gone and it there it sits.

IMO it just hogs up part of the screen and drags "Recent Topics" and "Newest Members" along to the party. If it can't be disabled, I vote to scrap the thing entirely.

I really don't like how it affects the layout of the page. I would prefer the option to remove it, but if it must stay, at least put it on the right-hand side of the screen. That's a much more comfortable location. moving everything to the right for the sake of a bar? Nonsense.

It could be moved on the top too.

I also suggested that folks who are complaining about the extra bar are NOT the people who don't know how to use google site: trick for search.

If there is a desire to find a solution, it can be done. If not, we as visitors to this board need to understand that board owner sets the rule and we abide by it.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
If there is a desire to find a solution, it can be done. If not, we as visitors to this board need to understand that board owner sets the rule and we abide by it.

- Vikas

True, but it doesn't mean we have to like it. Come on, this is BITOG - there's always going to be complaining by someone about something.

I do agree that it could be setup a little better (top) or an option to remove it would be nice.

Rob

Last edited:
Did you read the following from the other topic? My impression is that Helen's insistence on keeping google search visible has lead Wayne to take the choice away. At the end of the day, this *is* her board.

- Vikas
=======================
"I ask Wayne to keep the google search visible at all times. There has been so many complaints concerning the old search function that I want all members to be aware of the new one. This will also help cut down on duplicate post because member can check to see if information has been posted."
=======================

The google search is kind of less effective for me, you can't narrow down parameters to specific, forums sections, I still prefer the BITOG search.

What I don't understand is the recent topic duplication. We already see this as we scan down each forum subsection, and now the same info on the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back