"Experts" On this Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tom slick
He's probably sitting back laughing at us "experts"

He's probably sitting back learning something and realized he's less of an expert than many members on this board. He's in the middle.
LOL.gif
---->
43.gif

The Outsider showed an excellent photographic look at an orange can Fram that stood the moment of burst pressure...interesting how the filter performed.....No Fram for me......Thanks

Originally Posted By: The_Outsider
yea, those fram filters are real awesome. :no-no:

1000115small.jpg

I wonder if that is a custom installation with no bypass. If so, the Fram is at no more fault than the Ecore that failed on the Vette with the blocked off bypass.

Before I knew better, I ran Frams for years and never had one burst. There is a valid reason not to run Fram.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

FACT: There are more vehicles that have Fram filters on them that any other brand and I'm still waiting to see all the dead vehicles on the side of the road or needing engines replaced.

FACT: Many here (incl me) have gone HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of miles using only Frams for DECADES with not a SINGLE issue.
I've cut open EVERY ONE and NEVER seen the "terrible" end caps come apart.

Guess I'm just the lucky one.

And my family members.

And all those other MILLIONS of people...

Too bad Utah does not have a lottery.... I'd be richer than Bill Gates..

Bill

PS: I don't use too many Frams today as there are better deals out there. But I would not have a heart attack like others here if I used one...
crackmeup2.gif

PPS: The OP of this thread is a typical post and run salesman. Sadly we have others who keep posting trying to sound "unbiased".

Yes, I'm one of the many you referred to. No lottery in Utah? Maybe you should meet me at Lost Wages, I mean Las Vegas.
Between us we should be able to clean up bigtime.

Right now I have a (GASP) Fram filter on one of my vehicles. Kind of by accident.
I usually use Motorcraft or AC Delco (for the same reasons Bill mentioned) and I usually have at least 2 or 3 filters on hand for each of my vehicles.
Turns out last time I bought filters I bought the wrong one for this vehicle. While looking through my garage, I stumbled on a Fram that I USED to use on this vehicle.

FWIW I have no trouble sleeping at night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back