Expedition problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 90s there were "ford CDs" that had the shop manuals and you could get them on your windows 3.1 computer. These are still floating around "out there" for cheap/free.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

^^ Oh Yeah.

And OC tomorrow?

Yes. Plus two cans Berryman B-12.

12 more hours on this fill..

...if noise changes, I will report so..

Wait for a bit before putting the B=12 in. The new thicker 15w-50 may quiet the rod knock if in deed that's what it is.

OK? So put the oil in then take some more video of the knock before doing the B12.

I do have an off topic question. Why do you think we are interested in seeing selfies of you? This is one of many ways you lose credibility with the group.

Losing your main transportation is a serious matter and you post selfies and vids of you singing like you couldn't give a care.

Another trick is to disconnect or otherwise disable the firing of the spark plugs one at a time. If the knock suddenly disappears, then you've found the offending cylinder and confirmed that it is a rod. If the knocking does not go away, that's more evidence that's its probably something else.

It sure sounds like a rod.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
2cd6f9c7a734e3da0087a3976eb15680.jpg

^^ Oh Yeah.

And OC tomorrow?

If it needs changed, get you a 5qt. jug of whatever Wally World is calling their house brand swill (can't think of it at the moment) and a Motorcraft filter and be done with it. Take the $12. you save and put it toward the repair bill.

+1. No need for Syn in there.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Tdbo

^^ Oh Yeah.

And OC tomorrow?

If it needs changed, get you a 5qt. jug of whatever Wally World is calling their house brand swill (can't think of it at the moment) and a Motorcraft filter and be done with it. Take the $12. you save and put it toward the repair bill.

+1. No need for Syn in there.

+2

Tomorrow morning: Repairs!
laugh.gif

Fortunately, you happen to have a spare handy.
If you use Dino in the truck, you have an extra $12 to put towards a good, used tire.

A flat tire is not the work of Lucifer, the temptation to spend money on things you don't need or can afford , might be.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

^^ Oh Yeah.

And OC tomorrow?

Wait for a bit before putting the B=12 in. The new thicker 15w-50 may quiet the rod knock if in deed that's what it is.

OK? So put the oil in then take some more video of the knock before doing the B12.

I do have an off topic question. Why do you think we are interested in seeing selfies of you? This is one of many ways you lose credibility with the group.

Losing your main transportation is a serious matter and you post selfies and vids of you singing like you couldn't give a care.

Another trick is to disconnect or otherwise disable the firing of the spark plugs one at a time. If the knock suddenly disappears, then you've found the offending cylinder and confirmed that it is a rod. If the knocking does not go away, that's more evidence that's its probably something else.

It sure sounds like a rod.

My post-vids got interrupted by the tire that I said would go flat first going flat.

tomorrow is THE day...

This happened 2 turns before East Jersey State Prison... one of two in Rahway, NJ.

I am safely at my job right now... homeless, for the night.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Hmmm... this was more a "coping mechanism."

I suppose I could stop doing it.

I AM very egotistical, confident, happy, narcissistic, and fearlesss..

This happened 2 turns before East Jersey State Prison... one of two in Rahway, NJ.

I am safely at my job right now... homeless, for the night.

I'm all for having some laughs with the "odd" posts/threads, and the selfies.but jeesus, 'prone -- did your truck take an rpg hit? you appear to have sustained a severe blow to the head, judging by your rambling on the video.
take care of yourself, and good luck with the truck.

^^ Oh Yeah.

And OC tomorrow?

I noticed the clearance quart of M1 15W50 at Walmart tonight too. The 5 quart jugs are still regular stock though. Is Walmart discontinuing the individual quarts?

Here's an Expedition rod knock vid I found. If yours sounded like this,then I'd be worried. Your engine sounded to run really smooth in your vids to my ears. The one in this vid sounds horrible :

The tire on your hoopty looks awful low on tread. This was your wife's vehicle no? How could she be so irresponsible as to drive a vehicle with the steering wheel 45° turned and a tire with no tread?

Have you ever heard of personal responsibility?

Again sell two cars, put that money into something worthwhile, save to get a proper set of tires a proper suspension refurbishment done, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back