ExMark lazer z hydro fluid change

Tuff Torq did something similar. For a while they were shipping with 10W-30 motor oil, and then recommending 5W50 synthetic for their change outs. Then a year or so ago they came up with their own secret sauce.

I'm going to keep on using what I can get locally and for a good price, which in my case was Mobil1 5W50.

I've also used Delvac 15W40 and it worked fine. It was a little touchy when cold, but once it warmed up it ran just fine.

I was told a rash of recent pump failures caused a review of the company metallurgical processes and a change of compounds in Mobil1 was determined to have been the root cause. Excessive warranty work will cause serious "sales" issues

Look for an ISO 68- ISO 100 hydraulic fluid. That will work fine and reduce your cost.
Save yourself some money and use a 20W50 oil. Cut your change intervals to every 200 hours.

Last edited:
Yes Mobil did change there recipe. I was told that the Kawasaki motor oil is compatible with the Hydro Gear pumps.
I use OE fluid and change every 500 Hrs. You are correct it not cheap.... Especially the filters.

Back