Exhaust recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a 2017 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited. I want to upgrade the exhaust. Looking for a little more aggressive tone WITHOUT interior DRONE! I am thinking about an axle back system or muffler replacement. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Stock exhaust for a v6 !
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Stock exhaust for a v6 !
27.gif

I tend to agree. However, a well made true dual exhaust can sound quite good with turbo mufflers.

I have always been a fan of Hooker Aerochamber mufflers...coupled with a resonator, and you can get some aggressive growl and little to no drone.

Magnaflow sounds pretty good on the 3.6L. Get the one with the largest muffler (you can search their website for Wrangler systems). Magnaflow is best of all worlds in my opinion. It has a decent tone that you won't get annoyed with. All loud exhausts can sound good for 3 days, but living with them long term (especially in a Wrangler with zero noise reduction) is a different story. The systems are also stainless steel, so they last a while.

Being a 2017, I would wait a little until the stock system has some miles on it and see if the tone changes. My dad has a 2013 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L. The stock exhaust definitely sounds throatier now than when it was new.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Magnaflow sounds pretty good on the 3.6L. Get the one with the largest muffler (you can search their website for Wrangler systems). Magnaflow is best of all worlds in my opinion. It has a decent tone that you won't get annoyed with. All loud exhausts can sound good for 3 days, but living with them long term (especially in a Wrangler with zero noise reduction) is a different story. The systems are also stainless steel, so they last a while.

Being a 2017, I would wait a little until the stock system has some miles on it and see if the tone changes. My dad has a 2013 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L. The stock exhaust definitely sounds throatier now than when it was new.

Magnaflow is on my list of options. I really like the looks and I have listened to clips on YouTube. I wanted to know if anyone had any input about Dynomax?

I’ve had super turbos and ultra flows on vehicles (not a jeep) and neither one of them droned...

Probably be worth some searching on the Jeep forums...

Originally Posted By: The_Captain
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

Magnaflow is on my list of options. I really like the looks and I have listened to clips on YouTube. I wanted to know if anyone had any input about Dynomax?

I've had the Dynomax Super Turbo on my Jeep for a while. I had purchased their cat-back system. It sounded decent, but lasted 30k miles or so before it started falling apart. They are aluminized not stainless steel, and mine rusted from the inside out. The seams on the muffler also started splitting, and my Jeep is almost never off road aside from a few dirt roads/farm roads. It didn't start droning until later in its life when the packing wore out, and it is mostly when accelerating around town. Highway is still quiet.

My friend also has a 2000 Cherokee, same as mine. He has a Magnaflow and it is holding up much better. It also sounds almost exactly the same as when he bought it, with no drone. His also has more miles on it than mine does. He bought once, and cried once. I will be replacing my exhaust again soon.

I'll note - if you plan on bigger lift and tires, you'll be asking more of the engine on the highway, which will increase your exhaust note.

My favourite exhaust modification is to remove all silencers/mufflers between the engine and rearmost silencer. The larger the better with the rear silencer. At idle and part throttle its as quiet as stock but with more load and airflow has an aggressive bark to it. Cheap too, buy a couple meters of pipe and some clamps
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back