Exhaust leak manifold flange to converter

Hey everyone,

I have a connection at the flange from manifold to converter that has a exhaust leak.

It is right in the middle between the flanges.

It has two spring bolts/studs that look similar to this:

springbolt.jpg

When I torque them to max (as far as the indent to the other flange goes) it still feels loose.

I can move the springs around pretty easily by hand.

And the donut seal looks a bit worn on the inside, but I can't be sure without taking it apart completely.

Do you recommend I replace both the "donut" seal and the spring bolts in this case?

Thanks

The springs are only keeping tension on the joint no matter how tight the nut is, if it bottomed out that is as far as the spring can compress. It depends on the donut being in good condition for correct thickness.
Replace the donut and springs as the springs can loose tension with rust and heat,

Depends on the condition. But i prefer to have stuff like that on hand, when i disassemble. The sping bolts are like $10 or 12 bucks so, i'd probably buy them and replace when putting in the new donut seal.

Thanks.

Do you know if these types of exhaust parts are universal?

I called the dealer they are charging me about $100 dollars CDN for the seal and the bolts as I can't find exact aftermarket parts for this vehicle.

The springs are only keeping tension on the joint no matter how tight the nut is, if it bottomed out that is as far as the spring can compress. It depends on the donut being in good condition for correct thickness.
Replace the donut and springs as the springs can loose tension with rust and heat,

Thanks.

I'll replace both the donut and springs given that they are a little bit rusted.

mazda cx7 2011 2.5l

Double check fitment.

Flange gasket Felpro and Mahle $12.80

Spring bolt $9.99 each

Thats a better explanation, than i gave lol.

Check your motor mounts-- if the motor is jumping around the joint will flex more than it should.

Double check fitment.

Flange gasket Felpro and Mahle $12.80

Spring bolt $9.99 each

Thanks a lot.

Back