Exhaust Clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my motorcycle never had exhaust clamps and I just picked it up.

Was wondering if I can buy any exhaust clamp locally and use on it or go OEM and buy one from Honda( Picture of clamp )

Would it make a difference?

Thanks for the help
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Picture of the clamp would help.

Thanks Trav, as usual. I have posted the link for ebay in my original post with a picture. Can you please have a look at it?

Many local stores carry aftermarket ss band clamps, but they’re usually not metric sized, and wider than what you pictured-might want to check them out. I know AAP & O’Reilly have them.

Sorry I missed that. No, the ones in the parts stores wont fit properly (at least the ones I tried), I had to buy that exact clamp # for my 1100XX from Honda, its one of their most common sizes.

Sorry I missed that. No the ones in the parts stores wont fit properly (at least the ones I tried), I had to buy that exact clamp # for my 1100XX from Honda, its one of their most common sizes.

Think then I'll have to bite the bullet...

Sorry I missed that. No, the ones in the parts stores wont fit properly (at least the ones I tried), I had to buy that exact clamp # for my 1100XX from Honda, its one of their most common sizes.

One more thing, would any of these from RA would work?

If its 2" O.D it will, the Honda one has the prongs to prevent over tightening but that's no problem just don't over tighten it.

Edit: I tried some similar to these from Napa and they leaked but give it a shot, keep in mind you may end up buying the Honda ones anyway.

Last edited:
If its 2" O.D it will, the Honda one has the prongs to prevent over tightening but that's no problem just don't over tighten it.

Edit: I tried some similar to these from Napa and they leaked but give it a shot, keep in mind you may end up buying the Honda ones anyway.

One more thing, can a u-joint be used or band clamp is better? One of the local parts guy was saying u-joint is where one pipe goes inside the other, while clamp is for same diameter sized pipes?

No clue, if it's right or no?
frown.gif

U clamps are garbage, they fall into the same category as worm clamps. They damage the parts making disassembly a real PITA and having to use an expander to reuse any part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back