Executive 2022 Toyota Camry?

Rather odd how India only gets an executive Camry as it's the only trim and no cheaper trims like we do. A little weird that Toyota chose to make the Camry in this special trim instead of the Avalon. But I'm guessing they're going for the cheapest large enough sedan to make luxurious but even then the price of this one translates to $57,000 from rupees to usd.

But a base model bmw 330i sport is $61,000 over there while the same base 330i over here is $42,000. From the rough 36% price difference between the US and Indian 330i prices this Toyota could be sold here for around maybe $37,000 which isn't bad at all.

10 way driver and passenger perforated heated leather seats, 3 zone climate control, power adjustable rear seats and rear power sunshade, premium speakers and a fancy air filtration system with what appears to be a built in automatic humidifier? and much more. Toyota has been sleeping on us with what they can do.

Last edited:
Japan has always had way better Lexus/Toyotas than we do. In 1990 Lexus ls400 didn't have close to the options of the Toyota celsior offered! Adjustable seats in rear air ride rear climate. The options were endless overseas !

The world doesn't revolve around the U.S..
It doesn't, but India isn't known for high GDP per capita so it begs the question why they can get a Camry even more expensive than one we could ever get over here,

Americans want a luxury nameplate, they save the accoutrements for the Lexus ES. India buyers are probably looking to be less flashy as they drive along the Tatas littering the road.

A fully optioned Camry here is almost $40K and doesn't have all the features of the executive. Anybody shopping for a Camry for that price here will get a Lexus assuming toyota doesn't only give it's Lexus LS sedans here those features instead.

Back