Excellent Tire Dressing - Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

I figured we should talk about something other than Meguiar's and Turtle Wax and I wanted to post my experience with Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat. Prior to using this I settled on Adam's Tire Shine which was the best "traditional" tire shine I found but when looking for a dressing to put on our new X5 I wanted to see if there was a better product that I could apply less frequently and would be even cleaner (not that Adam's was that bad); I found this which seemed to be exactly what I was looking for.

Prep: I also picked up the TUF SHINE tire cleaner which I would highly recommend. If you've been treating your car with a traditional dressing for a long period of time as I had been treating my 340i with Adam's for 2 years and even with this cleaner it took two wash cycles of cleaning/application to get the Tuf Shine to truly stick and hold up. On the X5 which had nearly virgin tires that only had Adam's applied once before they cleaned right up. Make sure tires are 100% dry.

Application: The product comes out with the consistency of low fat milk so just be wary of that. After initially priming the applicator sponge it doesn't take much additional product to do more tires. The product will stay wet and white on the tires for several minutes as it dries.

Re-application: This isn't something you should have to do much except maybe a couple of initial applications, particularly if you frequently used another dressing prior. One thing to be aware of is the applicator sponge will harden slightly and resist the milkly consistency of the product at first so prime the applicator very slowly or you will spill some as I did.

Performance: The product dries to the perfect shine: dark, matte but with some sheen. It has been a very rainy May in the Northeast and I'm still running on 1 application (on the X5) of Tuf Shine which I never would've been able to do with Adam's. In addition to the rain it's made it through 4 car washes. I'm on my 3rd application on the 340i but I think that's locked in to where the tires are holding it consistently.

This is the best tire dressing I've ever used and I would highly recommend it. I see all pros and no cons from my experience so far, particularly the facts that it's clean and long-lasting.

Autogeek - TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat

Last edited:
Thanks for laughing at my post but I'm laughing at you...it's $25 and even if you get the cleaner (which you don't absolutely need) it's $35, so I'm not sure where over $40 came from. And provided you're not using something as cheap as Armor All to begin with, the way this stuff is holding up and how much is left in the bottle, I expect not to buy any more tire dressing for at least a year so I think the price is reasonable.

Originally Posted by gofast182
Thanks for laughing at my post but I'm laughing at you...it's $25 and even if you get the cleaner (which you don't absolutely need) it's $35, so I'm not sure where over $40 came from. And provided you're not using something as cheap as Armor All to begin with, the way this stuff is holding up and how much is left in the bottle, I expect not to buy any more tire dressing for at least a year so I think the price is reasonable.

Thanks for the review! It seems that a lot of people know the price of everything bout the value of nothing...

I have been looking for a better product (I also use Adam's) and actually purchased the product a few months ago for $25, but never used it. I am going to use the car wash tire cleaner and then give this product a try. Thanks for the review!!

Thank you for the review. Stoner's Tarminator can also be used as a good tire cleaner. Spray and wipe then prob flush with water afterwards to remove some of the leftover chemicals.

Thanks for this info. I will try it once I use up the new gallon of Poorboys Bold and Bright. I have been pleased with the Bold and Bright as it is also good on trim, lasting longer than any product I have tried. However, it does not match the performance you have stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back