"everclear"no not what you think now sold at bp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember warnings about this stuff.
and its still around.
funny to see garbage sold at a bp station.
station is at needmore and main in dayton oh.
warning

Last edited:
You mean the alcohol? If so, why is this in the motor oil forum?

EDIT: NVM, saw the link.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kc8adu
and its still around.
warning
That's a "glamour spot" for sure, I go up there for work pretty regularly, also to Gettysburg & Salem Ave. area-be careful out there (whole west side of Dayton).
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: mclasser
You mean the alcohol? If so, why is this in the motor oil forum?

EDIT: NVM, saw the link.

Got a good laugh. Next we'll see Absoult motor oil and Bacardi transmission fluid and Grey goose power steering fluid soon.

Last edited:
The BP just 2 miles west of me has sold NUMEROUS oils listed on the PQIA site that have advisories on them. I complained to a lady working there one night. A WORLD CHAMPION moron tried to argue with me that junk was ok. He tried to back up and say well guys around here run it in their tractors. To which I told this nimrod that even tractors have standards for those motors. Plus they had Rotella 3 right there which would have been light yrs better than that garbage. In addition to this.... this supposed "mechanic" tried arguing with me whether or not my car has a timing chain. He was convinced that the VQ35 in my 08 has a timing belt. Ahh, negative ghostrider. Says, right in the manual it has a timing chain. No wonder his "shop" didn't stay in business. He was dumb as a stump.

Last edited:
the connecting rod flying through the blue fog is their truth in advertising LOL

The choice is clear. Right there on the bottle.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
and its still around.
warning
That's a "glamour spot" for sure, I go up there for work pretty regularly, also to Gettysburg & Salem Ave. area-be careful out there (whole west side of Dayton).
eek.gif

My work is on Germantown about half a mile south of Gettysburg. This area is a bit rough. I can think of four homicides that have occurred in the area over the past couple of years and the DG at Gettysburg and Germantown gets robbed on a regular basis. By the time you get as far north as Salem or even farther north to Needmore, you're pretty well out of the true hood.
OTOH, Germantown past Gettysburg heading toward downtown is an urban wasteland with plenty of boarded up houses, burned out houses and abandoned small apartment buildings. Sad when you consider that Dayton metro was a happening place back in the nineties, with plenty of factory jobs (three GM plants, Cooper Tire and many more smaller ones).

We're thinking of two different Battles of Gettysburg, although I have visited the location of the one in PA as well.

Thousands of gallons of everclear leave this city everyday. The only problem is it has about a 5% gasoline content so no one bothers with the railcar tankers sitting on a siding. Some dude did try to open one up with his pickup in a police chase but he missed the valve and only managed to destroy his vehicle. Had to be extricated with the jaws of life.

Most branded locations are privately owned franchised operations.
There aren't that many company stores and oils stocked is certainly not a part of any franchise agreement for either gas stations or car dealers.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Most branded locations are privately owned franchised operations.
There aren't that many company stores and oils stocked is certainly not a part of any franchise agreement for either gas stations or car dealers.

Some of the reputable ones do make it a point to carry their suppliers flagship oil(s) though...

On a side note, does BP still bottle their own brand oil or is it all Castrol now?

It was called Visco but their site just lists Castrol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back