Ever use two sets of ramps for an OC?

I use 4 Rhino ramps quite often, only in the garage where the floor is perfectly level, and with jack stands as an added measure of safety. What is nice is having two Jeeps with 4WD. I put them in 4L and getting up the ramps requires no gas pedal use for my Rubicon, and very little use for the Liberty. So driving up the ramps is very easy.

A Honda Insight you could probably lift with your bare hands and slide a couple of milk crates under it.

I do it with the truck for transfer case, transmission and differential fluids. 4lo crawls right up the ramps. It’s high enough that no ramps are required for oil changes.

I think I'm going to get a second pair of Rhino Ramps for the rear wheels for changing oil on the wife's Kia Seltos. I've changed the oil twice now and made a mess both times. The Seltos has a large tray underneath but it has cutouts for the drain plug and the oil filter, unlike my Sorento which just has a giant tray with 17 bolts holding it up. The problem with the Seltos is that the drain hole on the oil pan faces toward the front of the car. So while most of the oil stream shoots forward, a small amount runs back along the length of the pan since the pan is tilted front to back because of the ramps. Also as the stream slows down, then more of it is directed along the oil pan and ends up on the underside tray. When the low spots on the tray fill up it then runs off onto whatever. I could remove the underside tray but I don't feel like doing that. So I'm thinking that a second pair of ramps for the rear wheels will have the car in a level situation, assuming that I'm starting out of fairly level ground. If the car is level then the slow stream of oil should drop down instead of running toward the back of the car along the pan.

Make sense? Anyone ever done that?

Some hyundais, they haven't figured out where the drain hole or what size it needs to be. Don't expect Kia to be different. Even on a 2 poster lift, it's sometimes advideable to ignore the drain holes and remove the undertray. another reason to remove the tray is so you can put antiseize on the bolts or you run a severe risk of snapping them when it's time to do a transmission drain...

Back