Ever Heard of Oil Extreme? They claim it's better than Synthetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They come right out and say that the stuff is only Group II basestock and then talk about how great that is(yeah right)and the engineers/chemists of the oil companies claim its "as good as synthetic".They also say that they use an API approved basic additive package, but the real magic in their oil is some form of Calcium Carbonate.Supposedly plates up engine parts and provides the acid and corrosion protection.Their concentrate has a TBN # OF 320!!you can use one once to a guart for a TBN of 18 at the end.

Anyway,check their website out(search google for Oil Extreme).

Look at their oil(3 grades)and concentrate and their fuel additive. With their claims of extended drains and all, maybe they have the Holy Grail of Oil!

offtopic.gif
I have been thinking of a REAL brew.Not just 132 and lube control!Here it is:
Oil Extreme concentrate 5oz
Schaeffers Moly Ep 132 5oz
Lube control 6oz
Auto RX 3oz
Redline Oil 5w40/ or maybe German Castrol (may try them both)
grin.gif

Overbasing an oil with calcium to achieve additional AW/FM properties is not voodoo. Mobil appears to be doing it with their latest tweaking of the SuperSyn formula. Someone posted a Mobil 1 UOA the other day that shows 4000 ppm of calcium.

Overbasing seems to be the route Castrol has taken with the German Syntec (Formula SLX) as well.

Mr TCar, sounds like they have a fairly ordinary oil and they are claiming they've discovered the sun, the moon & the stars.
rolleyes.gif

Classic "snake oil" pitch.

--- Bror Jace

JB, I don't remember if I've seen his comments on it or not.
dunno.gif

My comments were in response solely to what was written by Mr TCar above.

--- Bror Jace

Terry metion it in a report on a Toyota Avolon I think. I be;ive he was testing different ways of protecting the oil and engine from the sludge issue. He was useing oil extreme with Exxon super Flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back