Ever buy a stranger lunch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the other way around, I'll fill a gas tank, buy a meal, or a coat, or shoes, but don't give cash to strangers.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I give money to the beggars on the streets (statistically likely to be a war vet) to spend the way they see fit but have never bought a stranger a lunch.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
When I first moved to Tampa, FL in 1987 my wife and I only had 1 car (besides my '68 Fastback Impala project car). I got off at 3:30, her, 4:00. There was a portable walk in ATM across from her workplace. A woman in a leg cast with crutches was holding a homeless sign asking for money. I would give her a dollar or 2 before picking up my wife. One day my wife said she wasn't getting off of work until 5:30. As I was waiting for her, I watched that homeless woman go behind the ATM. She then rode away on a very nice moped, no cast or crutches. After my wife got off of work I rode over to the ATM and saw her fake cast and crutches stashed behind the ATM.

You should've taken them,then wait for her the next day and ask her,"Are you looking for these ?"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
When I first moved to Tampa, FL in 1987 my wife and I only had 1 car (besides my '68 Fastback Impala project car). I got off at 3:30, her, 4:00. There was a portable walk in ATM across from her workplace. A woman in a leg cast with crutches was holding a homeless sign asking for money. I would give her a dollar or 2 before picking up my wife. One day my wife said she wasn't getting off of work until 5:30. As I was waiting for her, I watched that homeless woman go behind the ATM. She then rode away on a very nice moped, no cast or crutches. After my wife got off of work I rode over to the ATM and saw her fake cast and crutches stashed behind the ATM.

You should've taken them,then wait for her the next day and ask her,"Are you looking for these ?"
laugh.gif

WOW! I never thought about that. Could you imagine the look on her face had I done that?

Originally Posted by Soggydog
A few years ago, there was an ambush on some LEO,s here. I knew a son the son of one of the fallen.
Fast forward a few months and I was having dinner at a local diner out with my wife and kids and two uniformed deputies sat near us. I quietly went to pay our tab and picked up theirs also.
The waitress clearly didn't think they deserved my gesture but when I asked for the manager she accepted the payment reluctantly.
I didnt tell my wife or anyone else till now.

33.gif

Good for you for pressuring her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back