evaporated dexcool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents own a 2014 corvette stingray, and it has not been driven for close to two weeks. Today when it was backed out of the garage i saw this evaporated puddle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They have not returned with vehicle yet.

It was water soluble and cleaned up easy, though it felt a bit greasy on the rag and what it left on the garage floor.

Last time the car was driven when it was parked, it was raining pretty good.

It appears to have leaked from where the flywheel is at the back of the engine:

[Linked Image]

The front of the corvette is to the upper left.

It does not appear to be dripping now.

18K miles, manual transmission.

Last edited:
Coolant is very easy to tell from its smell. Note that it's deadly for animals -- even licking their paws wet with ethylene glycol could kill them. Always thoroughly clean up any spill.

Not sure what dexcool smells like or what coolant was used in the Vette but it does not smell anything like the green flourescent coolant I use in my 318

Whatever leaked out was oily waxy, seems to have dripped from under the flywheel. nothing more has dripped from these since it was parked today.

The clutch reportedly feels normal. I am afraid to drive it as I cannot keep my foot out of it, and hit 120 in a 45 zone the last time I did a month or so ago.

I would wind up in jail in a day if that were my daily driver.

Check all the fluid levels. A drip from that spot is usually motor oil or transmission fluid, but if there are core plugs in the back of the engine they could leak coolant.

All fluids levels are fine. My dad and I believe that it is remnants of whatever the detailer uses under the the hood to clean and shine that area, and that was likely one of the few times it was driven in a heavy rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back