EVAP Code

Alrighty, the 06 $500 Sentra threw a LARGE EVAP code. Friend put his homemade smoker on it and no leaks up front but the charcoal canister in the rear was consistently releasing smoke, not the purge pattern of a valve opening when needed and closing. There are also 2 sensors connected to it.

I'm also getting a quart per 1k mile burning. No leaks and no smoke on cold, single digit mornings nor during operation. Going to try Mobil 0-40 simply because I have it on hand and why not!

My plan is another 20 months until the registration is up and about 12-15k miles. Does not sound it but she runs incredibly smooth. No hesitation(s) and gas mileage is 31 mix and 35 highway. Fix the EVAP issue? Or ride it out? It is a new issue. Emissions were a ok a few weeks ago at inspection.

Alrighty, the 06 $500 Sentra threw a LARGE EVAP code. Friend put his homemade smoker on it and no leaks up front but the charcoal canister in the rear was consistently releasing smoke, not the purge pattern of a valve opening when needed and closing. There are also 2 sensors connected to it.

I'm also getting a quart per 1k mile burning. No leaks and no smoke on cold, single digit mornings nor during operation. Going to try Mobil 0-40 simply because I have it on hand and why not!

My plan is another 20 months until the registration is up and about 12-15k miles. Does not sound it but she runs incredibly smooth. No hesitation(s) and gas mileage is 31 mix and 35 highway. Fix the EVAP issue? Or ride it out? It is a new issue. Emissions were a ok a few weeks ago at inspection.
Was it code # P0451?

Wayne, I didn't take notice of the code. Just the large EVAP.

The Vent Valve needs to be closed before the EVAP system can be smoke/pressure tested using either a capable scan tool or by jumping the valve's electrical connector.

Back