EV prices not to go down soon

What bothers me is the "green" farce surrounding EV's, the "carbon footprint" (another farce IMHO) may be much higher over the life of the vehicle than a fuel efficient gasoline powered or diesel vehicle.

https://www.newgeography.com/content/007478-is-it-ethical-purchase-a-lithium-battery-powered-ev

What bothers me is the "green" farce surrounding EV's, the "carbon footprint" (another farce IMHO) may be much higher over the life of the vehicle than a fuel efficient gasoline powered or diesel vehicle.

https://www.newgeography.com/content/007478-is-it-ethical-purchase-a-lithium-battery-powered-ev

Same here, but the push is real and it is not going away anytime soon. The forces in power making the big push will have lighter wallets and a lot of egg on their faces so they'll never admit it.

Cadogan....says all kinds of stuff. He's been wrong about so many things EV related he simply has no more credibility on that topic.

He should stick to what he actually knows about.

Remember this prediction? - " Telsa was doomed to failure in 2021"

The whole premise of this 'existential threat' to the planet is a colossal

house of cards.jpg

Meh. Everyone has an opinion but the fact remains that tax credits, in the US at least, play a role in the decision to buy and those credits have been skewed to encourage production of less expensive EV's.

I don’t hate ev and i don’t hate combustion vehicles. I don’t like being lied to and i like to look at everything through logic and not emotion. Fact is ev is hard to swallow right now due to high pricing, poor infrastructure, and poor range with possible long charge times. I think for a city car it makes good sense as they are quick off the line and use minimal power when sitting plus no exhaust is a plus. But clearly the ford lightning keeps proving over and over how bad current ev are for any serious work. 50-150 miles of towing range is unacceptable for an extremely expensive truck.

I don’t hate ev and i don’t hate combustion vehicles. I don’t like being lied to and i like to look at everything through logic and not emotion. Fact is ev is hard to swallow right now due to high pricing, poor infrastructure, and poor range with possible long charge times. I think for a city car it makes good sense as they are quick off the line and use minimal power when sitting plus no exhaust is a plus. But clearly the ford lightning keeps proving over and over how bad current ev are for any serious work. 50-150 miles of towing range is unacceptable for an extremely expensive truck.
Nobody denies they are quick or powerful but that is another story, the problem is they are lying like a rug with their claims of low environmental impact with these vehicles.

Same here, but the push is real and it is not going away anytime soon. The forces in power making the big push will have lighter wallets and a lot of egg on their faces so they'll never admit it.
I doubt those making the push will ever suffer… they’re probably getting kickbacks from the hundreds of millions they’re gifting away of our money, buying stock in said companies with their public “servant” paycheck of our money, then dumping & shorting the stocks of said companies when the reports start to look grim.

Those making the push are benefiting at our expense at every turn of this story.

agreed, but some governments are pushing a bit too hard for EV.s No doubt they are the future, just not the immediate future for everyone
Ya know, I wonder... While our Tesla Model 3 is a great car for around Silicon Valley, and is a great driver's car, I struggle to see how an electric pickup could replace the users around here who trailer a speed boat 90 miles to a reservoir and similar tasks. For around town work, an EV van or truck could save a ton over an idling similar vehicle.

I don't subscribe to the "1 size fits all" methodology. But we are at an inflection point. Interesting times ahead.

I doubt those making the push will ever suffer… they’re probably getting kickbacks from the hundreds of millions they’re gifting away of our money, buying stock in said companies with their public “servant” paycheck of our money, then dumping & shorting the stocks of said companies when the reports start to look grim.

Those making the push are benefiting at our expense at every turn of this story.
For sure.

Yes, they push... i do the opposite. EVs are a dream for government... more control..more eyes. Sentry mode on Tesla is one example 🙂
Cellular as well. Internet is another. Our Tesla Model 3 is very hard to steal, but if it were stolen I could find out where it was immeadiately. Kinda nice.

Cellular as well. Internet is another. Our Tesla Model 3 is very hard to steal, but if it were stolen I could find out where it was immeadiately. Kinda nice.
yes exactly, but cellular you have often in your pocket or down faceing at the ground (camera) , image millions ev on the roads, steady parking at side of the road with clear view of the street or own property. You know in China its forbidden to park a Tesla near a government building.

Back