European valvoline 0w-20 VS Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

As mentioned in earlier posts, I am looking out for a 0w-20 oil. It is pretty much new land where I live, I am leaning towards Castrol magnatec professional gf5 0w-20.

I have however found to new candidates I can get online from day to day.

1: Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-advanced-fuel-economy

2 : European valvoline synpower 0w-20

http://www.valvolineeurope.com/english/products/engine_oils/synpower/cid(9394)/synpower_fe_0w20

Which one do the good people here think would be best?

Thanks all
Søren

Most likely the one you can get at the best price and helps you sleep better at night will be the best for you.

All of them can do the job unless you have some specific spec your oil needs to meet.

The Valvoline oil was apparently formulated for the Volvo hybrid application, and is aimed toward fuel economy. But it has a KV100 of 9.2, which is just 0.1 below being a 30-weight.

The Mobil 0w20 is a bit thinner, has higher TBN, and the best cold pumpability of any commonly available oil. It is not ACEA A1/B1 rated, while the Valvoline oil is.

It depends on what your application requires.

Last edited:
I doubt your Suzuki Swift 1.2 is very hard on oil. Just get what's readily available in your area and meets the required specs in your OM.

Actually the valvoline only has the volvo spec. The other specs mentioned is only meet or exeed.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
I doubt your Suzuki Swift 1.2 is very hard on oil. Just get what's readily available in your area and meets the required specs in your OM.

I doubt you can just say that a small engine equals easy on oil. But ofcourse, we really don't know.

Last edited:
Small engine = HARD on oil. Luckily they usually have a higher oil sump capacity per litre of displacement than many large V6.
Is the swift 3L capacity or 2.7? I would skip the 20 grade and run Magnetec 5w30, unless you like knocking and clattering.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Small engine = HARD on oil. Luckily they usually have a higher oil sump capacity per litre of displacement than many large V6.
Is the swift 3L capacity or 2.7? I would skip the 20 grade and run Magnetec 5w30, unless you like knocking and clattering.

It is 3.1 servicefill and 3.4 dryfill. And on what do you build the thing With clattering when running 0w-20?

Any vehicle ive had that ran 0w20 and there have been over five of them so far: 1.6L Kia 5 door, 1.5L Honda Fit, Ford 2.3L truck and two Subaru foresters. Given Suzuki is not a top tier engine builder (for autos) Id run an oil with a HTHS above 3. Maybe MORE. My 2.3L aerio didn't like 30 grade. But that's a big piston engine.
How many MM is the stroke on the 1.2L? It might be best to get consensus on a swift 1.2L forum. Many oil requirements are model and year specific. And so are out of the box recommendations
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Any vehicle ive had that ran 0w20 and there have been over five of them so far: 1.6L Kia 5 door, 1.5L Honda Fit, Ford 2.3L truck and two Subaru foresters. Given Suzuki is not a top tier engine builder (for autos) Id run an oil with a HTHS above 3. Maybe MORE. My 2.3L aerio didn't like 30 grade. But that's a big piston engine.
How many MM is the stroke on the 1.2L? It might be best to get consensus on a swift 1.2L forum. Many oil requirements are model and year specific. And so are out of the box recommendations
smile.gif

What exactly is a " Top tier " engine builder ?

I have bin doing a lot of reading on different Suzuki forums. One Danish and a few in German and English(British) most people seems to agree that 0w-20 is the optimal weight to use. But not any specific brand.

The stroke is 74 mm and the bore is 73 mm. So it is almost a square bore/stroke engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back