European Pennzoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that they have a european made Pennzoil here in Germany. The bottles look very similar to the ones in the States. Is it any diffenrent from what we use? Has anybody ever used or analyzed this oil??
Rick

I never realized that they sold Pennzoil in Europe. I had heard of a synthetic Quaker State that used to be sold in Europe, but I had not heard of a Pennzoil.

Being sold in Europe, it would have to meet high standards. Maybe it would be some sort of synthetic? Or maybe it could be a conventional motor oil-American motor oils do meet A1 European requirements, don't they?

It would be interesting to find out if it is the same as the American Pennzoil or completely different. Maybe it is like the German Castrol that has become available in the United States. If so, it would be great if the German Pennzoil was available in the US.

Well, the only question that I can answer is that it is NOT synthetic, it's just the dino 5/10W-30
Rick

are in the us military? i see that your description says youre from Texas but, since you said, "Here in Germany", I take it youre either in the military or really lucky to live there for a while.

Its most likely a group III oil or just as close to ours. Only difference is that its prolly now made by Shell Gmbh since they now own the Pennzoil-Quaker State companies all over the world. Question is, why would you even care about this oil? Man id be going crazy right now for some ELF, Aral, or AGIP. Esp. for some Castrol Formula RS 0w-40 or even Shell Helix Ultra. anyways, wet dreaming again-sorry.
smile.gif

offtopic.gif
anyone have ANY friends that are forensic lab techs at a crime lab(S)? I ask because, they have access to a gas chromatograph and thats what we need to see EXACTLY and w/out a doubt, what the exact chemical structure of some of these unkown syn oils really are. like the new German Syntec. Wed know just how much of it is Ester or PAO or Group III (if any.). Just a thought.

[ June 16, 2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Chris Jefferson ]

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Jefferson:
are in the us military? i see that your description says youre from Texas but, since you said, "Here in Germany", I take it youre either in the military or really lucky to live there for a while.

Its most likely a group III oil or just as close to ours. Only difference is that its prolly now made by Shell Gmbh since they now own the Pennzoil-Quaker State companies all over the world. Question is, why would you even care about this oil? Man id be going crazy right now for some ELF, Aral, or AGIP. Esp. for some Castrol Formula RS 0w-40 or even Shell Helix Ultra. anyways, wet dreaming again-sorry.
smile.gif

Yes, Air Force and yes, I have seen those oils you mentioned. The bottles look pretty cool and exotic. Too bad I won't be able to take or mail any home.....U.S. Customs won't let me.
frown.gif

Rick

[ June 17, 2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back