European Mobil 1 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some pictures of European Mobil 1 0W40 bottle and the color of oil. I bought it last week, 4-litre bottle cost US$50 which is US$12.5/litre.
eumobil10w40afu3.jpg

eumobil10w40dqc3.jpg

You are lucky: in W.Europe now it cost 20-22 Euro/l or $ 27-30/l.
shocked.gif
May be this is to sponsor sales in the US ? Think it's time to arrange its re-export to Europe.
beer2.gif

M1 0W-40 is at US$ 30-37/l here (1 l or 4 l container).
Have seen it on sale at places that do parallel import at US$ 17/qt.

Bar1,
Seems in Norway you are too rich if you buy 1 liter for $37 ? May be you need a help with October revolution II ? It will be a good time to celebrate the 90th anniversary !

Just came back from the trip to Belgium and Germany and noticed that prices were up for about 1 Euro/l. At Esso gas stations M1 0W-40 is offered now at about EUR 21,50/l, M1 ESP 5W-30 - at EUR 24/l.

Last edited:
that is the Mobil 1 Gold which is more expensive than the regular Mobil 1 lineup, and they never make such thing here in NA market

however they are offered in Asian market and selling at 45USD a jug while regular mobil 1 selling at 35USD

I don't. I buy it at shops that do parallel import. Then it's US$ 17/qt (todays exchange rate).
And you can always find desent synthetic oil at prices as low as US$ 6... but it's not Mobil, Shell, Valvoline or Castrol
smile.gif

I wonder if you could buy that, then ship it to the states for those that are interested?
Although the costs would he quite high I am guessing.

Why is oil so expensive in Europe? Is it taxed? I was in an Autobacs store in France and was surprised at how expensive the oil was. Mobil 1, Shell, Castrol, elf, Total, Antar. Synthetic or dino - not cheap.

It's taxed, but it's not all the difference between NA and European oil prices. Oil compaines are greedy and people are loyal to brand ... supply and demand
smile.gif

You can find less "famous" brands that are much cheaper (with equal specs).

We have to high taxes here in sweden. I have to pay roughly 30us dollar per liter of M1 0W40.

Quote:

We have to high taxes here in sweden. I have to pay roughly 30us dollar per liter of M1 0W40.

The one I bought is imported by independent dealer so it's already cheaper. If I buy it in Mobil gas station, it will be around US$20 per litre. Just wonder jbl, what is the sales taxe rate in Sweden?

VAT is 25% and above that is added extra tax. Not sure how much but it is to much since the prices are way to high.

Some part is profit but our goverment like to add taxes if they can and they sure do.

Mobil 1 here in the USA is about $6/quart (0.946 litre)when sold individually most places and about $20-$23, depending on formulation, for 5 quarts at Wal-Mart. Usually around $25 everywhere else. Plus, 5-8% sales tax, wherever you live.

Even with 25% VAT it still works out to $8/litre individually and $6.60/litre in 5 gallon jugs.

Somebody's making a killing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back