European Mobil 1 0-40??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm if Mobil 1 0-40 that's sold in Europe "made in the U.S."?? ie. it's imported from the U.S. or is it "made in EU"??? What does it say on the bottle?

Dr T,

I don't know the answer to your question; however, I will say this, I expect a bottle that says "European Car Formula" and "Mobil 1 is factory fill in all Porsche and Mercedes-AMG vehicles, and 0W-40 is their viscosity of choice" to be molecule for molecule identical to what I buy wherever it ends up being blended and packaged (the implcations don't you know). (Don't take me too literally because I understand that these OEMS ar probably the first to get the chemistry mods when they are fielded.)

Well, is the M1 0W-40 sold in the US even Made in USA? I'll look at a bottle later today...
tongue.gif

Yes, same here:
patriot.gif

I also asked on a German car forum. I hope they'll tell me what it says over there on the M1 bottle.

My Oz 0W-40 bottles don't tell me a **** thing other than Mobil Australia, and that Mobil is licenced to the U.S. company.

No API starburst label either.

(Actually, I went to Repco this afternoon, and noticed that the majority of oils don't carry the API label, although most of the manufacturer's manuals state that it must have it. They don't have "made in....." either).

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
Can someone confirm if Mobil 1 0-40 that's sold in Europe "made in the U.S."?? ie. it's imported from the U.S. or is it "made in EU"??? What does it say on the bottle?

I looked at the bottle two days ago. The label says "Made in EU."

That's where that VOA comes in handy. Or maybe you can tell by the flowery bouquet if it's the same stuff here in the US and in Europe?
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Quattro Pete:

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:

I looked at the bottle two days ago. The label says "Made in EU."

It was 2 years ago when i last used Mobil 1 (SJ)and if i remember correctly i think it was made in France.

Hi,

I buy my M1 0w-40 oil in 6x1 litre packs
The last purchase ( SJ TriSynthetic )was made in December 2002 and the outer pack says "Made in USA"
The container label gives all of the approvals but does not state where it is made

M1 0w-40, M1 10w-30 and Delvac 1 are not readily available throughout Australia. M1 5w-50 is available almost everywhere. M1 15-50 is not marketed in Australia except as a motorcycle oil!

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back