Eurol Syndura 5w40

This just started to recently be imported into the states from the Netherlands by Blauparts. I saw they're a huge sponsor for the Dakar race, so I figured I'd check it out. One thing I see is calcium seems high for it being marketed for mercedes vehicles using DI.

I didn't even see there was a euro oil thread, so I posted this in the VOA sub too.

Attachments

• 20221214_165319.jpg
    20221214_165319.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20221112_145731.jpg
    20221112_145731.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 93
This just started to recently be imported into the states from the Netherlands by Blauparts. I saw they're a huge sponsor for the Dakar race, so I figured I'd check it out. One thing I see is calcium seems high for it being marketed for mercedes vehicles using DI.

I didn't even see there was a euro oil thread, so I posted this in the VOA sub too.

I believe API SN is the tip off with regards to higher calcium. In any case Mercedes has their own LSPI test going back to at least 2020 but I'm not certain they opted to apply it towards 229.50. The intent was there but I can only confirm 229.52 has this test.

It looks like some of the approvals listed are legit, but apparently they can't be bothered to list them properly.
This. They have gone to the trouble and expense of getting a formal MB approval but have made it look hooky by writing it incorrectly and not in accordance with MB's requirements.

Seems a decent enough oil though, assuming the other approvals are also legit.

It looks like some of the approvals listed are legit, but apparently they can't be bothered to list them properly.
This. They have gone to the trouble and expense of getting a formal MB approval but have made it look hooky by writing it incorrectly and not in accordance with MB's requirements.

Seems a decent enough oil though, assuming the other approvals are also legit.

Perhaps it's listed correctly on the back of the bottle?

Back