Euro all-season shoot out

I am amazed that a company like Hankook has managed to rise so quickly past all the big tire giants. I remember seeing them on Fords 10 years ago and thinking what a cheap thing for Ford to do, putting Korean tires on American steel, but then again 10 years ago it was likely Mexican steel anyway.

I'm surprised they left out Nokian, perhaps the most well-known 3-peak all-season tires.

Too bad all of them aren't offered here :(

Even worse since Cooper is an American brand that is well-liked on here but doesn't offer that tire for the US market :mad:
Cooper used to offer their European winter tires over here (Weathermaster Snow and WM-SA2), which has an even smaller market than all-season tires.

Cooper, Giti, and Nexen need to offer their 3-peak all-season tires over here.

Bridgestone and Conti need to do the same, too.

The only 3-peak all-season tires sold in both the US and Europe are
Michelin CrossClimate+ (but the new CC2 is an Americanized version of the CC+)
Vredestein Quatrac 5 (and Pro)
Hankook Kinergy 4S2 (the original 4S was sold in Canada)
Kumho Solus HA31 (not tested in the OP video) (limited size selection in US, full selection available in Canada)
Toyo Celsius (not tested in the OP video)

Goodyear and Nokian have different 3-peak all-season tires for the US than what they sell in Europe.

The guy mentions that tires were procured in late 2019 and the test was supposed to wrap up around March but because of pandemic it took a lille longer. Crossclimate 2 was not available to him yet.
The newest design wins. Home turf (the test track where tire was developed) does not hurt.

The results also show that it is safer to drive winter tire in summer than summer tire in winter ;-)

Krzyś

The guy mentions that tires were procured in late 2019 and the test was supposed to wrap up around March but because of pandemic it took a lille longer. Crossclimate 2 was not available to him yet.
The newest design wins. Home turf (the test track where tire was developed) does not hurt.

The results also show that it is safer to drive winter tire in summer than summer tire in winter ;-)

Krzyś

The CC2 isn't listed on Michelin's British site

yeah not available yet and not entirely sure we will get the same CC2 as you get in the americas. To me it seems they tried to adapt the CC2 specifically for the US

we call them All Weather tires in North America???...I've always called them All Season tires...good luck with your tire choice Bill
What we call all season here in NA are really 3 seasons, the all weather came on the market a few years back. In Euro their all season are really all season.

In Euro their all season are really all season.

But that is only since a few years.
I can still remember the time when all seasons were indeed all season tyres - they were equally useless in all four seasons.

With a modern all season (Goodyear Vector AS, Michelin CC, Nokian Weatherproof, Vredestein q5 etc) I would not be afraid to get caught by a surprise snow fall. With "classic" all seasons, I definitely would be.

Every year the German magazine Auto Bild does a big test of all season tires. This year they tested 32 different models.

The top scoring 7 tires;

1. Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen3

2. Vredestein Quatrac

3. Continental AllSeason Contact

4. Michelin CrossClimate +

5. Falken Euro All Season AS210

6. Firestone Multiseason Gen2

7. Hankook Kinergy 4S2 H750

Translation of above link

Back