Ethylene Glycol Long Life Coolant for KUBOTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to change the coolant in my tractor. Per KUBOTA it must be changed every two years to protect the cooling system. I am at the two year mark and 300 hours on the tractor. Seems like a waste, but I am sure it is good insurance to change it due to it still being under warranty.

I would buy from my local KUBOTA dealer but they do not carry it and just said to use any old green antifreeze. Well I am a little picky and don't want to spend money on repairs from using the wrong coolant.

Here are the specs from the KUBOTA coolant. (https://www.colemanequip.com/wp-content/uploads/70040-0L014.pdf) So I need a Ethylene Glycol-based phosphate coolant to meet Asian vehicle application and does not contain any silicate, borate or nitrite. Any suggestion on what to pick up at Walmart, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto or O'rilleys which is the only options in out area. I would order it but I am sure KUBOTA does not make their own antifreeze and I can not justify $40 a gallon delivered. Any suggestions?

Interesting dilemma. I think it will be very difficult IF you don't want to sway away from the Asian specification: phosphated with no silicate, borate or nitrite. The Zerek Asian formula meets this, but is only available in prediluted 50/50 mix.

EDIT: Here you go - Pentofrost A2 meets the specs. and is available with a coupon code at Advanced Auto for under $20/gallon. My local store stocks it. Maybe your's too??

http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/Pentofrost_spec_A2.pdf

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/Pa...m=pentofrost+A2

Unless things have changed, to my knowledge Kubota diesels are NOT wet sleeved, so you do not need to worry about the cavitation issues associated with automotive coolants.

The SDS indicates the Kubota product is made by CCI, so that might lead you to some more OEM options ; https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-s...vrsn=ce673684_2

Originally Posted By: pburchett
....Here are the specs from the KUBOTA coolant. (https://www.colemanequip.com/wp-content/uploads/70040-0L014.pdf) So I need a Ethylene Glycol-based phosphate coolant to meet Asian vehicle application and does not contain any silicate, borate or nitrite. Any suggestion on what to pick up at Walmart, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto or O'rilleys which is the only options in out area. I would order it but I am sure KUBOTA does not make their own antifreeze and I can not justify $40 a gallon delivered. Any suggestions?

Description reads like a typical Asian P-HOAT AF, aka phosphated OAT AF. Many aftermarket options now available for much less the $40/gal. Most all AFs are ethylene glycol based no matter type.

WM now carries Valvoline Asian Vehicle in red or blue tint, ~$12 gallon.
AZ has Pentofrost A3 blue tint, currently on sale $10/gal.
Both of those are premixes, which the majority of the long/extended service interval AFs come as now.

Pentofrost A2 is another option, green tint, comes as a concentrate as noted from AAP.

Any of those should work fine, using tint of your choice. Not sure what tint topic AF is but really other than attempting to match the oem tint, doesn't matter. All same type AF.

Originally Posted By: pburchett
I need to change the coolant in my tractor. Per KUBOTA it must be changed every two years to protect the cooling system. I am at the two year mark and 300 hours on the tractor. Seems like a waste, but I am sure it is good insurance to change it due to it still being under warranty.

I would just use the yellow bottle Ethylene Glycol Prestone every 2 years like they recommend and be done with it. I just finished draining and flushing the cooling system on my 1991 Ford F-150 yesterday. I use yellow bottled Prestone like I always have, and do it every 2 years. The heater core is the same one the car was built with, (28 years old). And the radiator is currently 20 years old. So I figure I'll stick with what works.

It's easy to do, and with distilled water, (I don't buy the 50/50 premix), it only costs around $20 bucks to do the whole job. I look at cooling system flushes like oil changes. They're cheap and easy to do, and the benefits of doing them often will exceed neglecting it.

Zerex Asian Vehicle coolant is the best by far. Meets all the specs for Asian products. Walmart carries it in both Toyota pink and Honda blue. Take your choice.

Well…. It turns out that PEAK and PEAK FINAL CHARGE is only nitrite free and not recommended for my tractor per the technician at PEAK He said to use the ASAIN formula and hope for the best as it was not heavy duty.

Valvoline recommended the ZEREX EXTENDED LIFE NITRITE FREE but no one around here carries it or wants to order it and I don’t need a case of it. They also did not recommend the ASIAN formulas as it was not heavy duty.

The PRESTONE tech recommended their EXTENDED LIFE ANTIFREEZE, but O’Reilly’s website shows it to have no phosphates.

Rotella/Shell said they have nothing for me at all.

Looks like it will be using Pentofrost A2 “A phosphated organic acid technology (phosphated OAT); which is categorized as HOAT (hybrid organic acid technology) in the US market. Pentofrost A2 is suitable for all Asian vehicles using “green” Antifreeze/Coolant. Pentofrost A2 does not contain any silicate, borate, nitrite or amine containing additives” as I did find it at auto zone for $10 a gallon concentrated.

Pentosin A1, A2, A3 and A4 all meet your criteria...the A1 and A2 have the benefit of being concentrates so you get twice the amount by adding distilled water. AZ has had all of these on CLEARANCE for some time @ $10 a gallon (they may be sold out of all or some but it's worth checking several AZ's). I would try to find the A2 concentrate because it's green...which I'm assuming the FF was. If it's not available...the A1 should be identical except for being red....I'd flush the system and use either A1 or A2 with confidence.

http://www.pentosin.net/f_antifreeze.asp

PS: Sorry for this post....I didn't see that you already found the A2 at AZ until after I posted....I'm glad you found it ...and the price is great....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back