Espresso

I'm using a Profitec 300 machine and a Baratza Vario grinder. A scale is important also. I usually buy beans from one of two local roasters. Freshness is important for the best flavor. But there are also many roasters throughout the country that ship for free and the beans will arrive within 3 to 5 days of roasting. Usually takes a few tries to dial in the correct grind when trying a new coffee.
My wife thinks it's way too much work and just uses the Nespresso machine but I enjoy the process and the the results are better.
Home-Barista is a great place if you're interested in the subject.

I usually buy beans from one of two local roasters. Freshness is important for the best flavor. But there are also many roasters throughout the country that ship for free and the beans will arrive within 3 to 5 days of roasting.
Yup. I've been giving my business to a local roaster, but I've noticed he recently raised prices, and on top of it, quality has gone down, so I'll be going back to mail order next time around. And you're right - if you order enough, you will get free shipping.

This is one of my favorites:

Shipping is free if you order 5 lbs. I usually split it into five 1 lb bags. Keep one bag out and freeze the rest.

Yup. I've been giving my business to a local roaster, but I've noticed he recently raised prices, and on top of it, quality has gone down, so I'll be going back to mail order next time around. And you're right - if you order enough, you will get free shipping.

This is one of my favorites:

Shipping is free if you order 5 lbs. I usually split it into five 1 lb bags. Keep one bag out and freeze the rest.

This looks like a interesting coffee source. I might try them. I do like their variety of sourced beans and roasts.

Back