escrow service

Anyone ever use an escrow service to purchase a vehicle? If so, which one did you use?

As a seller, I would never agree to that. What happens after the buyer takes the car or has it shipped across the country, and then says it has a real, imagined, or made up defect? He has the car, he won't release the money unless you agree to an exorbitant price reduction, or you have to pay thousands to have it shipped back. A real nightmare situation.

He has the car, he won't release the money
My understanding is that when the service has verification (from the shipper) that the vehicle has been delivered, they release the money to the seller and the title to the buyer.

As a seller, how would you prefer that payment be handled instead?

If a buyer isn't able to pick up the car themselves, 95% of the time I deliver it myself and get a $500 deposit and the balance on delivery. If a shipper is used the other 5% of the time, the car has to be paid in full before it's picked up. These are Ebay deals so you can judge a seller by their feedback so you're not buying totally blind. Where did you find the car?

My understanding is that when the service has verification (from the shipper) that the vehicle has been delivered, they release the money to the seller and the title to the buyer.
So are you concerned of not getting the car at all, or getting a misrepresented POS? From what you described, it's the first one, but what if it ends up being the second one?

So are you concerned of not getting the car at all, or getting a misrepresented POS? From what you described, it's the first one, but what if it ends up being the second one?
Well, I didn't say I was concerned about either one...I simply asked which escrow service people had used, if they had used one.

No offense, I just don't want the discussion to drift too far off-topic.

Back