Escaping High Taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny et al. As a covetous Louisianian, I have been quite surprised since I started working across the border. There are plenty of fees and the like to make up for the lack of income tax in Texas. I love East Texas-my Dad's from there. But...I can testify that the grass is greener analogy does fit. Of course, I can't blame you if you're moving for the weather. Even though the winters are mighty mild down here, I still like the hot summers better.

You need public services and public infrastructure to have a developed world lifestyle. These things cost money. The way to pay them is through taxes, or if it is privately managed, through use fees.

If you want really low taxes and low cost of living, move to a rural village in India. $2 a day will help you live OK. Anything beyond that will make you a well-off person.

I don't think the point was the NJ schools totally suck. The point was that you can achieve decent results for a lot less money. As in the case of New Hampshire. More expenditure does not always produce better outcomes.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
You need public services and public infrastructure to have a developed world lifestyle. These things cost money. The way to pay them is through taxes, or if it is privately managed, through use fees.

If you want really low taxes and low cost of living, move to a rural village in India. $2 a day will help you live OK. Anything beyond that will make you a well-off person.

Some of my classmates say they would go back to India instead of trying to get a green card here, unlike their parents' generation's wishes. They said that in the past all you need is to give a place to stay, some food, and clothing, and you'll get a whole house full of servants doing everything for you. Now they demand salary, but still way cheaper than anything you'd imagine.

Originally Posted By: n5ifi

Oh by the way....
The new plan here in Texas is to succeed from the Union

Buh Bye. And it's spelled "secede".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back