Equus 3160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about getting this OBD2 scanner. What do you all think as I have never used one before and don't know much about brand reputation etc...

I know this is the top of the line one, I figure its better to have the features and not use them rather then be in a position wishing I had features I don't have.

I think I have Equus 3130, it is good for what I think I need in reading the code without driving around to Autozone or Pep Boys.

If you can afford the cost of the 3160, I say go for it. You may not need some of the features now or in near future, but who knows when you may need those features.

I want to say that I have the 3160 or the 3140 and it works fine for a simple OBDII code reader, but unfortunately that does not help much with today's vehicles. You really need the live data and the ability to calibrate sensors and TPMS. I resorted to going with the factory scan tool instead.

Critic got warez for his prius, and a cheap dongle interface.

I have the innova 3160, it shows live data, and can do SOME airbag and ABS data on mostly domestic cars. It was a hair under $200 from amazon.

It won't do bidirectional, so it won't bleed your brakes, but if you have a wheel sensor out it will tell you which one.

Take it from me - a guy with 10 different scan tools including a GM Tech 2. The Innova line of scan tools are very good and they come with excellent computer software to use with it. I have an Innova Can OBD2/1 unit and guess what - it is the first scanner I grab because it is so easy and fast. What it can't do, i will then use my factory Scan tools.

Go for it! You will love it.

Note - just like was posted above...stay away from the cheap code reader only tools...you need live data to perform diagnostics so you can troubleshoot instead of throwing parts at the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back