Equivalent to IH HyTran??

I recently picked up a IH 5088 2wd from a neighbor. Tractor was setting for several years until he got motivated to sell. In the last couple of months he changed the tansmisison oil and filters erplacing the oil with Tractor Supply Transdraulic fluid. I have read several postings in the Red Tractor forums regarding oil for IH tractors and everyone says to use only Hytran in IH tractors. This tractor takes 43 gallons and manual recommends adding another 5 if working on slopes, or after changing the suction filter as there is a spot that might suck air.. The Case/IH dealer has Hytran for $115/5gal bucket. That works out to $1150 for an oil change. I don't expect to use this tractor under a full load at all and I don't believe I will be shifting up and down to use the Torque Amplifier much. It will be used on a 15ft Bat Wing mower and a 1500 gallon sprayer. I have used Mystic oils exclusively for 50 years, until Mystic's latest price increase. I have laid in a supply of Rotella T4 until things calm down with Diesel oils. I am sure there is a slight price break if i get the Hytran in a 55 gal drum, but having to take out a short term loan to change oil in a tractor is ridiculous. I would appreciate any halp here if there is a less pricy equivalent.

Mobil makes an oil, Chevron makes an oil, Shell makes an oil that will meet the specs.

Local Bomgaar's farm/fleet store has gallons of Lube King Hytran compatible for about $25 for a 2 gallon jug. 5 gallon pails are $53. There has to be better pricing around you.

I recently picked up a IH 5088 2wd from a neighbor. Tractor was setting for several years until he got motivated to sell. In the last couple of months he changed the tansmisison oil and filters erplacing the oil with Tractor Supply Transdraulic fluid. I have read several postings in the Red Tractor forums regarding oil for IH tractors and everyone says to use only Hytran in IH tractors. This tractor takes 43 gallons and manual recommends adding another 5 if working on slopes, or after changing the suction filter as there is a spot that might suck air.. The Case/IH dealer has Hytran for $115/5gal bucket. That works out to $1150 for an oil change. I don't expect to use this tractor under a full load at all and I don't believe I will be shifting up and down to use the Torque Amplifier much. It will be used on a 15ft Bat Wing mower and a 1500 gallon sprayer. I have used Mystic oils exclusively for 50 years, until Mystic's latest price increase. I have laid in a supply of Rotella T4 until things calm down with Diesel oils. I am sure there is a slight price break if i get the Hytran in a 55 gal drum, but having to take out a short term loan to change oil in a tractor is ridiculous. I would appreciate any halp here if there is a less pricy equivalent.

Is this the fluid currently in the tractor? https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-universal-tractor-trans-hydraulic-fluid-2-gal

If it is, I see no reason to change it. It is recommended for use in Hytran applications.

I have a 149 cub cadet with hydrostatic and all I have ever used is Hytran, I know the amount that my 149 cub cadet takes
is nothing to the amount you are talking about but see how these other fluids worked in IH tractors. The Hytran and equivalent
fluids have come so far since their first use and requirements or standards they had to meet.

Back